Chapter 5: The Boarder

Song- Something about her by Stephan Sanchez
POV Nyx:

        I rather be drawing at this hour but with my birthday being next week I needed to finalize invitations for the ball. My mom is finishing the fine details as my dad plans the decor, a masquerade for my first birthday sworn into my court. My dad is preparing the whole court for the celebration. Streamers line the streets with flora arrangements made by Aunt Elain. I can't imagine how much sleep she lost over it but she was determined, thankfully she received some help. Everyone from the Night Court is receiving an invitation. We we're all sitting at the table when Uncle Cassian suggested inviting High Lord's from other courts. Solaris absolutely jumped on the idea asking for us to invite Triton. My dad being the High Lord thought it was a wonderful idea as well. Which is why I'm now finishing the invites instead of sketching my dream from last night.

She had been right there in my room before me. Her skin touching the very silk I sleep on. The fae I always dream about was sitting at the end of my bed admiring the view of the mountains. Her hair was streaming down her back full of color. Flames of red stood out against her white gown. I watched her for a moment, not willing to move or breathe afraid it wasn't happening. Then her hand moved, something in me relaxed knowing she was there in front of me, knowing it was real, I ran towards her to finally ask for her name. But just as I had begun to run to her, it all had disappeared from reach. Part of me was angry I still hadn't found her another part annoyed that she had disappeared to begin with. Why couldn't she just stay with me in my bed? Why couldn't she have just given me her name? 'A dream is all it can be.'

         I had already planned to invite the two older sisters of the Winter Court for Nova, who seems to be unbothered with us nowadays and running off to cauldron knows where

I had already planned to invite the two older sisters of the Winter Court for Nova, who seems to be unbothered with us nowadays and running off to cauldron knows where. Today I started with many invites to the Autumn court, regrettably. Aunt Nesta is excited to see if they show though. Her and Uncle Cassian put money on it. I successfully moved in a few days ago to my new study, giving Nova my old one if she wants. I've been spending my morning with Uncle Azriel, learning everything I possibly can about my new power. Sometimes the shadows speaking still startles me but everyday I become more comfortable. Then I wrote to Triton as Solaris came into my new study located next to my dad's.