Chapter 10: Summer Solstice

Song- Nyx POV The Ultimate Deception by Milo Manheim.
           Azalea POV Feeling Exceptional by Kris Bowers
Nyx and Azlaea's dance- The World We Knew by Living Strings Plus Trumpet

            Azalea POV Feeling Exceptional by Kris Bowers            Nyx and Azlaea's dance- The World We Knew by Living Strings Plus Trumpet

"It's quite unfortunate that Jayden didn't wish to come. I've never seen a view so beautiful!" Jaylen's yellow gown complimented her blonde hair. Lady Jennifer was wearing a light pink gown today. We've only been in the Summer Court for an hour but the High Lord invited us to dine with his court for dinner today. I think the High Lord of Summer was surprised to learn we would be in attendance for his celebration, maybe he didn't even believe us but I was so happy my father had followed through. I turned to my right overlook the sea, the sun danced like stars on the surface. I enjoyed the Summer Lord's garden's, as they were tranquil and zen. My ladies and I continued walking through them. The stairs climbed higher up the mountain as the trees continued to follow the path. His palace rested on top of the mountain, made of white marble, big columns with light blue fabric, the palace seemed spacious but the higher we climbed the more beautiful the palace became. The hand craved marble was breathtaking.

           "Lady Jaylen are you looking for a suitor today?" My voice was cheerful like the rest of my spirit today

"Lady Jaylen are you looking for a suitor today?" My voice was cheerful like the rest of my spirit today. Something about being away from my court has allowed my walls to come down. "I do hope to catch the eye of a fine lord, although I'm convinced every member of the Summer Court is blessed by the cauldron with good looks." I turned back surprised with Jaylen's admission and caught a light flush on her face. "We have dinner with the Lord's court this evening which gives us the perfect opportunity." I was about to continue walking up to the palace when I noticed a discreet trail leading straight to the ocean shore. I knew I needed to go. I watched the waves crash over themselves and leave a glistening glow on the shore. "But... before we get ready for dinner" I didn't finish my sentence before my heels sunk into the sand. The white grains of sand quickly filled my heels so instead of fighting it, I stepped out of my pointy shoes and began to walk barefoot.

Jennifer called after me while Jaylen followed, leaving her heels next to mine. "Lady Azalea we should really head back to the palace-" but I was so far gone her words were wasted on the winds. The salty air wrapped around me while Jaylen chuckled. I felt the sun rays warming my skin even underneath my parasol. Jaylen looked back behind us to find Jennifer waiting for us where we left her but I watched as the water came rushing in. The cold sea foam wrapped around my ankles and cling to the hem of my gown. I felt like I could hear the suriel's words floating back to me with the squawks of the seagulls "Your mate is the heir to the High Lord"