Way To Hogwarts

Harry and Ron both got off the train, noticing Hagrid. Harry smiled at him and waved.

Hagrid waved back. "How 'yer doing, Harry?" Hagrid asked, smiling as well.

"Hey Hagrid.."

Ron was taken back by this half-giant. "You- know him?!"

"You don't know him?" Harry asked, confused.

"N-no?" Ron mumbled, smiling at Hagrid as well.

"Oh, well I'm Hagrid, mate." Hagrid said, stroking his beard. He then shook his head. "Right then. This way to the boats! Come on, now, follow me." Hagrid boomed, turning around and starting to walk away.

The new first years followed him. Soon, they got onto boats and started heading to Hogwarts.

Once they got to the other side, they all hopped out of their boats and continued to follow Hagrid.

It was a few steps up to the castle until Hagrid left us.

Hogwarts was huge! Everyone was excited until this teacher who looked very strict came out. Tall, severe-looking, dark hair tied up in a bun and a black witch hat.

"Follow me please." The lady said, walking further into the castle.

Everyone followed her.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup." The lady told all of them, pointing at the Great Hall doors.

A small boy - Neville Longbottom - had been in the crowd of them, he then spotted his toad. He raised his hand.

The lady rolled out her scroll, reading it. "Yes, Neville Longbottom?" She said, rolling her scroll up again.

"U-uh...Trevor is there." He said, pointing at the toad.

The lady looked down and rolled her eyes. "The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." She said, walking off.

Harry and Ron looked at one another. Then the young blond boy, Draco Malfoy, walked up to Harry.

"Potter!" Draco shouted.

Harry turned around, rolling his eyes. "Malfoy.."

Draco noticed Ron and grinned. "Hello you, I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." He told Ron.

Ron chuckled at his name. "Think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair, and a hand-me-down robe? You must be a Weasley." Draco looked back at Harry. "You'll soon find that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. Don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort." He said, extending his arm. Even though they had a fight at Diagon Alley, he still wanted to get Harry to be one of his minions.

Harry pushed his hand away. "I think I can tell who the wrong sort are for myself, thanks." Harry smirked and looked back at Ron.

The lady came back. "We're ready for you now. Follow me." She said, walking into the Great Hall.

The first years followed.