Potions - I

Harry and Ron entered the classroom, Harry locked eyes with Snape. Snape gave him a dirty look and looked away, going to the front of the class.

"Sit down students." Snape snapped, shaking his head. "There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few..." Snape stared at Draco.

When Snap stared at Draco, he smiled.

"who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper..." Snape stopped for a minute. "in death. Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confidant enough to not...pay...attention."

His pale skin made Snape look like a vampire, which freaked Harry out.

"This guy freaks me out.." Harry whispered to Ron.

"Yeah, he basically is a vampire. He only goes out of the castle at night now." Ron chuckled and looked up at the front.

"Pull out Magical Drafts and Potions, go to page 174." Snape announced to the class, opening up the textbook he had.

Hermione opened up the textbook to 174. "Antidote To Common Poisons.." She thought about it and nodded.

"From the top of their head, does anybody know one ingredient from Antidote To Common Poisons?" Snape asked the class, only seeing Hermione's hand raise. "Miss Granger.." He muttered, pointing at her.

"Mistletoe berries, Bezoar, standard ingredient and unicorn horn." Hermione answered the question.

"Correct. 10 points to Gryffindor." Snape added. "Harry Potter...what ingredient do you add first to make the Antidote potion?"

Harry was surprised by the answer, he didn't know it? "Uh...standard ingredient?" He guessed.

"Incorrect. Study more, Potter. 5 points from Gryffindor!" Snape smirked as he turned around.

Hermione raised her hand. "You add Bezoar first!"

Snape nodded. "Correct Miss Granger." He said, looking down at the textbook. "Please stand up and head to your cauldrons." He commanded them.

They all stood up and went to different cauldrons.

Once they were able to start, Hermione quickly grabbed most of the ingredients and get back to her cauldron. She then started.

"Get the rest of the ingredients, Ron." Harry asked him, adding in the Bezoar to his cauldron.

Ron nodded and walked to the shelves. Harry then crushed it into a very fine powder using the pestle.

Ron got back and started following what Harry did.

He added 4 measures of the crushed Bezoar to his cauldron and then added 2 measures of standard ingredient to his cauldron.

He heated the temperature to medium for around 5 seconds, waving his wand after it.

He left it to brew for 40 minutes in the pewter cauldron. Then 34 minutes in the brass cauldron. And finally, 30 minutes in the copper cauldron.

He moved onto the next part, adding 2 pinches of powdered unicorn horns to his cauldron, he stirred twice, clockwise and then added 2 mistletoe berries.

He stirred twice, anti-clockwise. Harry waved his wand to finish the solution.

"This should be it.." Harry said, pouring it into a tube and looking over at Snape.

Snape noticed Harry and walked over to him, taking the tube and inspecting it.

"5 points from gryffindor." Snape snapped at him, pushing it back to Harry.

"What?! I followed the instructions!"

"Obviously not because your potion is purple. It's supposed to be teal." Snape said, staring into his eyes.

"I don't know what I did wrong?"

Hermione handed Snape her tube of the Antidote. It was perfectly made.

"10 points to gryffindor! You may take it with you." Snape said, handing it to Hermione. "You are all dismissed!"