Episode 20: Calm Before the Storm

When Thanksgiving came around, neither Norman or Harry came over, as expected

When Thanksgiving came around, neither Norman or Harry came over, as expected. Archie, Betty, Isaac, Scott, Gert, and Allison did stop by to drop some things off, but nobody except for Veronica, Betty, Steve, Clay, MJ, and Gwen actually came to eat.

"Really, really good food Ms. Parker; even if the food is half burnt." Steve said awkwardly, trying not to spit out the food May cooked.

"Steve, be nice." MJ says, kicking his shins. Steve grunted, as Clay held back a laugh.

"It's alright, MJ. I've cook WAY worse." May reassures, throwing some of the food out.

"Probably still anything better my dad made." Gwen says, as the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" Clay exclaims, opening the door to see Miles standing at the entrance.

"Oh, hey Miles." Clay greets, letting Miles in.

"Happy Thanksgiving everyone." Miles said, putting a pumpkin pie down on the table.

"Finally, something good." Steve raved, reaching for the pie. Veronica moves it aside.

"You do realize you have to finish your food first, right?"

"If I do that, I'll never get to it."

"Dude, just let him eat it." Miles says, with a chuckle.

"Thank you for the pie, Miles. It really makes up for my bad cooking." May said, hugging Miles.

"No problem. My mom made it as a gift you guys."

"Well that was sweet of her."

"Hey, Miles you wanna stay and try some of this other food?" Steve offers, handing a plate to Miles.

"Erhm, no thanks. I gotta head to Ganke's place next."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

Miles walks out and shuts the door behind him. Steve sits back down and sighs disappointedly.

"Just throw it out at this point." Gwen says, shaking her head.
_________________________________________________

While Miles headed to Ganke's house, he had bumped into someone on the way there. That someone was none other than Nate Jacobs, who was heading to Cheryl's place.

"Jacobs..." Miles says dryly, backing away from Nate a little bit.

"What? You scared?" Nate teased, walking up to Miles. "Your friends aren't here to save you this time." Nate says, grabbing Miles by the shirt. Triggered by what was happening, Miles pushes him back.

"You sure you wanna do this? With all these people around?" Nancy muses, as she walked up beside Miles. Nate looks around and frowns, and walks away.

"He's still giving you hell, huh?"