three heartbeats

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Dinner with Jade's parents was a lot better than Perrie had expected. When she briefly told them about her part-time job and her college exams, they didn't bat an eye. They were pleased to meet someone who was just as independent as their daughter.

Perrie relaxed when dessert came, of course. Her parents didn't seem to mind having her over to sleep in the same bed as Jade. At first, Perrie thought it was a trick question when they requested she stay in Jade's room but when the man with a suit, AKA Albert, handed her a pair of silk nightwear, she realised that Jade's parents were the complete opposite of what she thought they were going to be.

"I've never done this before."

"Done what?" Jade pulls the covers over their bodies and snuggles in Perrie's arms.

"Meeting the parents part of the relationship."

Jade's room was big white and clean, as expected. But the one thing that caught Perrie off guard was a framed photo of the first picture they had taken on her vanity. In the photograph, she had her arms around Jade while the brunette rested her head on her shoulder. Perrie hated how she looked in that picture but now that it was framed and sitting where Jade could look at it whenever she wanted to, it started to look a lot better than she remembered.

"Why's that?"

"Never gotten this far in before." Perrie grinned, "Never fell in love."

They laid in the centre of Jade's California king size bed in near darkness, the only light coming from the big windows with their arms wrapped around one another as if the smallest gap between them would cause physical pain.

"I'm the luckiest girl in the world," Jade mumbles already feeling sleep crawl in her. She looks up to flash Perrie a sleepy smile.

After a while of silence, Perrie asks a question that she was curious about since the day Jade agreed to go out with her, "What do you like about me?"

Jade tiredly hums, "What do you mean?"

Perrie almost felt bad for keeping her girlfriend up, "Why did you agree to go out with me?"

"You were cute." Jade replies a little too quickly.

"W- that's it?"

"Pretty much."

It took Perrie a few seconds to reply, "Really? That's it..?"

"What do you like about me?"

Perrie takes a deep breath, "First of all, you're probably the best thing that's ever happened to me and second, well, everything. I don't think I could describe it in words. You're just- you're perfect, and everything is better when you're around. You're too pretty to be real and too precious for this world. And your smile, damn your smile. It makes me melt like butter on a hot pan." Perrie caresses her girlfriend's cheek and looks deeply in her big sleepy brown eyes, "And you just think I'm just cute? Nothing else?"

The older girl giggles and leans against her touch, "Mhm." she hummed teasingly before kissing Perrie's hand and making her way up her arm as if she was marking her territory.

Perrie was already getting aroused to remember why she was slightly frustrated. Jade did this a lot, showing her affection whenever Perrie would ask her how she felt in words. Perrie guessed it might be the way she showed love, so naturally, Perrie didn't think she was going to say anything else.

"I liked your eyes."

Blue eyes blinked at Jade's sudden answer, she waited for her to continue but she doesn't. Instead, she gets on top of Perrie's while the blonde takes a moment to catch on what was happening.