one year [pt.2]

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

After a long drive, Jade had fallen asleep on the passenger seat with her hair a mess from the wind the half-opened window had let in.

Parking the car and settling in to admire her girlfriend, Perrie takes a quick polaroid of her lover and another this time with her in it, kissing the mole on her cheek.

Perrie tucks the crazy curls behind her ear and gently says, "We're here."

Rubbing her eyes, Jade unbuckles her seatbelt, grabs her bag and steps outside. "The beach?" She stretches and waits for Perrie who had disappeared at the back of the car, "Need help?"

"No, all good." Perrie grins coming from behind the brunette with a basket and a duffel bag, "A bit cliche, isn't it?"

Feeling a little insecure at the lack of an original idea, Perrie awkwardly laughs to cover her embarrassment but when Jade gives her that smile and that look with her eyes, she remembers that she doesn't need to give Jade the world to impress her, all she needed to do was be there.

Because she is her world.

Perrie had picked the perfect place to be alone. A secluded area with only a car or two driving by every hour or so.

As she set up the blanket on the soft warm sand, Jade kicks her sandals off and tackles Perrie sending her on her back.

"You're gonna get sand all over us," Perrie laughed, the smile of her girlfriend distracting her from the pain on her back.

"I want sand all over you."

"Why?" Perrie questions.

"So you can take your shirt off," Jade giggles before pressing their lips back on each other.

"You've gotten so cheeky over the last few months,"

"Oh yeah?"

"Oh yeah, I think your poshness is rubbing on me and my raggedness is rubbing on you." Perrie teases before sitting them both up and opening the basket, "Close your eyes, the food is a surprise."

Jade covers her face with both hands and waits for Perrie signal. The brunette giggles when she hears Perrie cursing under her breath.

"Okay, open them!"

The brunette takes a second to look at what was set and bursts out laughing, "Chinese?"

"I took you to a cheap Chinese restaurant on our first date, I thought I blew it because you were so elegant and rich-"

Jade laughs again, "This is really sweet, Perrie."

Pale freckled cheeks turn crimson red as Jade continues to praise her, "Let's eat before it gets cold," she interrupts, suddenly feeling nostalgic from their first date where she, was nervous with flushed cheeks and Jade, was calm as the sea in front of them.

After eating their meal, Perrie pulls out a container full of fruits. "I have wine but I'm driving."

"So responsible," Jade giggles before feeding Perrie a strawberry, "Picnic on the beach with wine and fruits? So gay." she teases.

"You can drink if you want," Perrie rolls her eyes, "I'll take care of you if you get too tipsy."

"I don't feel like getting tipsy without you," Jade says before falling over on her back and spreading her arms and legs wide like a starfish, "This is really nice. What's in the duffel bag, by the way?"

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot-" Perrie unzips the duffel bag and hands Jade a smaller bag, "Happy anniversary."

Jade smiles and takes out a book from the bag. She examines the maroon hardback which had '365 days of loving you' written at the cover.

Opening it to the first page a short message was written:

༻✧༺

Every day, for the past 365 days I wrote about you.
Poems. Love letters. Stories. How you make me feel.
Everything.
And I'll continue to 'till the day I die.

Happy One Year, my love.

༻✧༺

"Perrie, I love it." Jade pouts, "Thank you." putting it aside, she pulls Perrie into a tight hug. "I love you so much,"

"I love you too," Perrie kisses her cheek one they pull away.

"I have something for you too." Jade sits with her legs together, "Close your eyes."

Perrie covers her eyes with her hands until Jade pulls them away, "Happy one year!" Jade cheers, "Of course, you don't have to.. It's a little bit soon, I know that. But I don't know why we should wait. We've talked about it before and it sounded like you were for it so- I guess, I don't know. Oh gosh, maybe this wasn't the best present to give-"

"Jade..."

"It's okay to say no. I- I have a backup gift, I knew this was crazy..." Shaking her head Jade lets out shaky laugh and scrambles through her purse.

"No baby," Perrie grabs hold of Jade's trembling hands, forcing her to look into deep blue eyes, "I want to."

"Y-You do..?" Jade bites her bottom lip nervously.

"I do, I really want to." Perrie lets go of her hand and cups her cheeks instead, "I've been thinking about it too... I just didn't know how I would ask you."

Moving in sync, their lips pressed onto each other. Fast but gentle with nothing but love.

Perrie takes the key in her hand and smiles. "I can't wait to move in with you."

"Me too." Jade grins, "The water looks so pretty right now.."

"It does- what are you doing?"

Throwing her white dress onto Perrie, the brunette was left with nothing but her white lacy underwear.

"What if someone sees you?!" Perrie stands up in panic as Jade runs to the open water.

"Nobody's here! Come on!"

Perrie contemplates for a split second, worried that a passenger might come across them but the second she sees the love of her life knee-deep on the water with wind blowing her curls, she couldn't resist it.

Stripping to only her underwear, Perrie comes running towards her girlfriend.

Jade yelps when she feels Perrie grabbing her from the back and lifting her up before sending them both underwater. Splashing and laughing like children as the sun slowly sets.

After a moment of laughter, Jade wraps her arms around Perrie's neck and pulls her in for a heart-melting kiss. The taste of sea salt lingered on their lips and the temperature of the water had erected their nipples.

"I..." Jade begins but no other words come out. Instead, their foreheads touch and they hold each other until the the ends of their fingers began to wrinkle.

Staring into Jade's golden eyes that complimented her sun-kissed skin, Perrie whispers, "Me too." as if reading her mind.

No words can explain this moment, this love and them.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.