Will cure my pain

June 2nd 2013. Today ten years ago my father was on trial. Ofcorse I didn't go. How could I. Face the man that hurt me when I needed him most.

Even so I couldn't get it out of my head all day. They had images of my body and dna samples. Just imagining him seeing my body makes vomit rise in my throat.

I had been doing better. Still living with the third years. but I could play volleyball as of two days before.

I could tell the team was worried because at practice I was pulled out again. But this time it was because I couldn't focus.

They knew why, so no one pushed. But I could feel there pitiful stares so I went out side of the gym to get some fresh air.

I sat against the steps and put my hands of my forehead. I could vividly see my dad. He was getting the verdict. They found him innocent.

I was shocked out of my train of thought after a hand planted on my shoulder. My mind flashed to my father. His disgusting hands on me.

I griped whomevers hand it was, tight and whipped around as fast as I could to see it was only kageyama.

"Ow" I winced.

"Oh my god. I'm sorry." I plead

"No it's ok I shouldn't have snuck up on you like that given... y'know"

I knew.

"What is it. You still have time for a few more rounds before practice is over." I said.

"Yeah well... I wanted to see how you were" he started putting his hand on mine.

I winced but quickly griped his hand. I looked up at him to see the worry in his face.

"I have no idea what your going through but I'm sure it's hard. But no matter what is going on in that court house will take a while. Weeks maybe even months . You can't spend that whole time worrying about the verdict. you are with us and you are safe." He said reassuringly

"But what is they find him innocent?" I ask quietly.

"There's to much evidence against him... he's not your burden anymore."

When he said that my eyes begun to water, and soon tears followed. This was the first time I had someone tell me that I wasn't the burden. That maybe it wasent me. Maybe it was someone else burdening me and not the other way around.

I griped his hand tightly before bawling into his shirt. He rubbed circles against my back as I sobbed into his chest.

Those words.

I'm not the burden. He was.

That was the day my world changed for the better...

-Fin-