Page 12

"Well how about the rest of you?" I ask looking around in concern.

"I told you." Olivia says laughing. The rest join in.

"About what?" They chuckled.

"That your first question would be about how we were handling the news."

"Well I want to make sure that you guys are doing alright. I'm getting the jackpot here. You should still be taken care of."

"Don't worry. We've already gotten interested parties asking us out now that we are free." Patrick pointed out. "We just wanted to let you know we are happy for you and Rance. He's tried many times. It's good he's finally got a mate and pups on the way. If you need anything just ask. Five will be hard, we don't want anything to happen to you or to them."

"Oh boy, I have a feeling everyone is going to be overly solicitous of help. But thank you. Now I'm going to go make sure I'm nice and ready for Rance when he gets back." They all laugh and leave. Jeff heads back down the stairs.

"Rance will be with you all evening. I'm going to buy headphones and I'll be back later." I laugh and go in my room. After taking a shower I slip on the only pair of bikini underwear I own and lay back on the bed.

An hour later I'm starting to worry. He's still not back yet. I'm thinking of going to find him. I've even slipped on sweats and am grabbing a shirt when he comes in. I drop the shirt as I see blood on his face and his clothes are ripped.

"Rance! Oh my god!" I flip on another light. He's got scratches and cuts on his face and neck. His shirt is nearly in shreds and so are his pants. "What happened?"

"It's nothing." He says and heads for the bathroom. I follow and watch as he takes his shirt off and pulls off his pants.

"Nothing?" I ask and hurry over as I see more scratches on his back. I take a rag and start washing. I know they'll heal easy but... "What the hell happened? I thought you were going to talk to him."

"I tried. Did you happen to notice that his Guardian Tyrone followed him." I nodded.

"Well apparently while James was upset and said that he didn't hold a grudge, he was crying hugging me when Tyrone came down and had a fit all over me."

"Why?"

"Well apparently while guarding him he fell for him. He took exception to me being there. I got the idea," He hisses as I wipe his back and start to pull his boxers off, "that he was pissed and thought I was playing with him. Leading him on when I had no intention of wanting him. We got into an argument, then he insulted you and we got into a fight."

"What did he say?'

"That you were a home wrecking little bitch. I just got you and I took it a little hard. We were half shifted claws deep in each other when James finally gets Tyrone to listen and tells him he knew that I was breaking things off permanently this time baby or no baby that I didn't love him anymore. He was just giving me a send off, really letting me go and saying goodbye. He was too. He was upset, we spent more than a few years together. But he wished us the best. Tyrone let go of me and practically swallowed James head in a kiss. I have a feeling James is being devoured at the moment." I wince.

"He's a nice guy but I don't want to think about him having sex." Rance is smiling at me.

"He's a nice guy?"

"Yeah, now that he's not trying to bash my face in he's a nice guy." There were a great many cuts but they were all pretty superficial.

"I finally get to strip you naked and I'm doctoring cuts. Tyrone better not see me tomorrow I may give him a claw mark of my own." Rance laughed and tugged the rag from my hand.