Chapter 11

It was 14:45 and Miranda was waiting in ravitz his office, like always she was 15 minutes early. She took the book with her notes in it in front of her and she was playing with her pen of boredom. At 15:10 he finally came in. "Good afternoon Miranda" he said while he shook her hand.

"You know I don't like waiting" Miranda said in that way well too familiar runway voice.

"I know you don't, now let's get to business"

"Good, I've gotten Nigel to redo the whole cover of the magazine, the whole shoot will have to take place again but with a different model. This is going to cost you around 10.000 dollars, perhaps more." Miranda said while looking through her notes.

"Great, what about that Andrea person, are you taking care of that" he said with a frown.

Miranda knew exactly what he was talking about, "i have, Monday i have an interview about it and I'll make everything exactly clear, Andrea will no longer work for me as my assistant of course that would be inappropriate now we're together. she gave him her fake smile and stared at him letting him feel pressured to say something.

"Then everything is settled, see you next meeting Miranda, looking forward to it" he said while looking at her up and down.

Miranda still didn't get the man, he has had a wife for about 30 years but still, since she started working as editor-in-chief he looked at her in.. that way.. even now when she is together with a woman.

"My pleasure" she shook his hand and returned to her own office. "Emily coat, bag and hire a new assistant" Emily's eyes shot wide, new assistant?

Miranda walked in her office and closed the door, "Andrea there's a Little problem"

"What's it about Miranda?" She was a little concerned about the tone of her voice, she was cold and icy and not happy at all.

"I may or may not had to fire you.."

Andrea was confused, "Miranda what? I don't understand it, what happened. Did i do something?"

"You didn't, of course not. Think about it, I'm your boss we can't have a sexual relationship when you're my assistant. Ravitz was going to fire you, i could feel it. Instead i already made sure i did because you don't want him to fire you with his little tricks"

Miranda walked over to her and tried to hug her but Andrea stepped away before she could.

Miranda's voice softened, "Andrea, please.."

Andrea could see the hurt in her eyes but she couldn't care less. She just fired her bloody hell!

"You could have at least...maybe tried to convince him not to, what am I going to do now then?" Andrea said in an upset but angry voice. She stepped closer to Miranda and pointed her finger at her pressing it against her chest with anger. "You. fucking. fired. me!"

"Andrea you don't understand" Miranda tried to explain but Andrea cut her off.

"Of course I don't understand, you know better blah blah blah and I'll just have to be fine with everything you do. It doesn't work like that"

Miranda was still acting calmy, she made a gesture with her hand to escort her to sit down."Andrea I'm sorry we can't have a conversation like this, you need to calm down love"

"Don't call me love, I'm going now otherwise I'll be late for bowling, choose it for yourself if you want to come, I won't care"

Miranda was extremely hurt by what Andrea had said to her, "don't call me love" she went silent and stared at her. Her Andrea.. she was losing her Andrea..