Well, This Is Awkward

[A/N: Based off of an astrology post on Tumblr that said how the star signs will meet their soulmates

Gemini: Their ex's roomate. Conveniently enough.
Aquarius: While literally running away from a horrible date. Knocks them over.

Also, originally posted on Tumblr as well.]

Summary: Phil was running away from a date. Ugh, he just wanted love was that too much to ask? He thought that all hope was lost until he bumped into his roomate's ex-boyfriend, Dan. Awkward...

Phil zoomed past people, the lights of London turning into thin, bright and colorful lines. Why? Because he just had the most horrible date imaginable. The guy had a weird sense of humour that wasn't for Phil. He was disgusting and just plain weird.

Maybe he was right. Maybe he should get to know potential dates before going out with them.

Phil was knocked out of his thoughts, literally, by running into someone and making them lose their balance. The person's instict was apparently 'hug your assailant' so he wrapped an arm around Phil's waist and brought the pale-skinned runaway down with him.

"Oof! I'm so so very sor--"

"Ouch! Fuck! Watch where you're goi--"

They both looked up into the other's face at the same time and their words stopped flowing.

The guy Phil had ran into had brown hair and expressive brown eyes. Phil knew those eyes for he was entranced by them before. Where did he--?

Yes!

Phil snapped his fingers in realization and pointed at the man. "You're Dan Howell! PJ's ex-boyfriend, right?"

The man's eyes widened before familiarity settled in them. "Yeah, um, you're his roomate, Phil. I remember." Phil nodded eagerly with a smile. "Yeah, I am."

"Uh, could you-- um, get off?" Dan gestured to Phil who was still sprawled on top of his body. "Oh, right! Sorry," Phil apologized while standing up. He extended a hand for Dan to take and he did.

"What brings you here? Don't you live in Manchester?" Dan asked while fixing his (all black, no wonder Phil didn't see him) clothes.

"I do. I was just in the middle of a date," Phil explained. Dan gave him a knowing look. "Don't you mean 'running away from a date'?" Phil nodded sheepishly.

"Why? What's wrong?" Dan asked with a smile. Phil rested his fingers inside of his pockets and looked away from Dan's face.

"I don't want to talk about it. He seems like a really nice and funny guy but just not my type. I don't know, maybe I'm just not ready."

Dan nodded. There was a silence before the brunet cut through it. "Are you going to go home now?"

"Yeah, I guess-- shit."

"What?"

Phil was ready to slap himself for his own stupidity. He couldn't believe how he could've forgotten.

"Phil, what's wrong?" Dan asked him with concern. Phil looked up at him, defeated. "I left my backpack. I had everything in there!"

"Go! Get it! Let's take a taxi and I'll pay. Come on." Dan grabbed Phil's wrist but Phil didn't budge.

"I just told you that I ran away. I can't just come back, take my things and go away again."

"Then tell him that you're sorry, you came back because you felt bad for just leaving him and let him down gently," Dan proposed. Phil thought about it but it was already settled. Like Phil could ever think of something better.