The Wall

[A/N: Trigger Warning- physical abuse and mentions of rape. Constructive criticism is welcome and taken note of.]

Summary: Before Phil met Dan, he didn't know miracles could happen. He didn't need to think about them. He was occupied with school and family that he had no room for silly thoughts. Then, he was kidnapped. Then, his life had fallen to pieces. Dan was the only piece still intact, but for how long?

The room was cramped. So cramped. The walls were made of wood and not even the polished kind. Then again, what do you expect from a kidnapper's prison.

Phil Lester heard from the news that a huge number of missing people were being reported all over London, all of which were teenage boys. He did not think much of it. His parents told him to be careful.

But of course, he brushed it off as nothing. Which led to his kidnapping.

Amazing.

He did not know for how long he was unconscious. He woke up on a thin blanket that did not do much for the cold, hard stone floor. He looked around and squinted at the dim, yellow lighting.

Uncomfortable. No windows. No furniture. One door. Dusty. His head was throbbing.

All equal to a kidnap.

Phil fucked up and he knew that. He curled up into a ball as tears formed in his eyes.

When was the last time he told his parents that he loved them? His brother? His friends?

They were all gone.

He was basically dead.

It's like all the colour drained from his life. There was no meaning in living anymore.

Just then, the door banged against the wall as it was thrown open. A man with a stubble and messy brown hair stood in the doorway. The man threw his head back and sighed with relief.

"Thank fuck, you're awake!" the man exclaimed in a thick Northern accent. He strutted over and Phil pressed his back to the wall. The man, without warning, slapped him hard on the cheek. Phil blinked back the tears from the pain that it inflicted.

"Quit your crying. Peej will kill you if he sees you like this. Now, stand up and follow me. We're gonna go meet the master." The man stood up and walked out of the room. Phil scrambled up to his feet and followed the man as instructed, wiping his tears even though they were replaced by new ones almost immediately.

The outside was no different from his room. Same dusty air, same disgusting smell, same stone floor and same wooden walls.

The only difference was there were multiple doors that Phil presumed led to more cells of captives.

"The name's Chris, by the way," the man said as if he weren't leading Phil to his kidnapper. Phil's tears had stopped flowing and he couldn't help but stare at the back of the man's head incredulously.

"Um, I'm Phil?" Phil replied, unsure if he should have done that. Chris chuckled and nodded back at Phil.

Once they reached the end of the corridor where a door was, Chris opened it and a bright light blinded Phil for a moment. The room was majestic compared to his prison and the corridor. It had a carpet (although it was a dusty one), an actual bed, a closet, pretty good lighting and a less dusty atmosphere. It still had wooden walls and a stone floor though.

There were two other men in the room. One with a rather smug smile on his face and a cigarette in one hand. Phil guessed that that was the mastermind, the kidnapper. The other one was backed up to a wall as far away from the man with the cigarette, busying himself with taming his brown hair by patting it down.