Evil Berries from Mars

As they ventured deeper into the forest, an air of palpable tension settled upon them. The atmosphere grew thick with an otherworldly presence, and ethereal whispers danced through the ancient trees. Suddenly, the ground beneath their feet trembled, jolting them from their thoughts.

"What now?" Financier Cookie's voice resonated with a mix of urgency and resolve. Purple Yam Cookie's eyes widened in disbelief as he surveyed their surroundings. "Is that a fucking cranberry!??" he exclaimed, his voice tinged with awe and apprehension.

The ground shook violently as the colossal cranberry cluster emerged, casting a shadow over the brave quartet. Each face on the cranberries twisted with a malevolent gaze fixated on the approaching cookies. It was an adversary of unparalleled proportions.

"Motherfucker!" Purple Yam cursed. Milk Cookie raised his shield. But as he approached, the cluster screamed so loudly, that his ears popped and he couldn't hear. He became dizzy and toppled over, unconscious.

"Awaken."

"MILK COOKIE!!"

Milk Cookie looked around. There was no longer a battlefield. But there was an empty room, a void of silence, partly filled with the scream of his friends. He heard slashing, but it felt as if it was on another plane of existence.

"Hello?" He called. No response. He thought he was alone, until loud footsteps charged towards him, and another cookie appeared.

Milk Cookie stared at them "Who..are you?"

As the cookie came into view, many features appeared strange. Their hair seemed to be flowing with a crimson-red liquid. Their eyes shifted colors, from red to blue to green, and repeated. They wore knight armor but carried no weapon.

"My name is Raspberry Sherbet Cookie. But I go by Guardian Cookie."

Milk Cookie nodded. "Hello, Guardian Cookie. I-I am-"

"Milk Cookie, yes. I've heard slot from the flames."

Milk Cookie tilted his head in confusion. "The flames?" he asked. Guardian Cookie nodded, smiling with no humor. "The flames of the dragon valley. You'll understand, once you and your companions are enveloped in them," they said. Milk Cookie turned a horrible shade of blue. "Enveloped in flame!?" he cried. Guardian Cookie nodded. "Nobody likes fire. Besides him and his kingdom. But the flames have already spoken. Of course, you could attempt to bypass them, but there's no way you could do that."

"..."

"This Cranberry cluster? I sent it after you."

Milk Cookie glared, still blue from fear.

"Why did you send it? Huh!?" Milk Cookie demanded. Guardian Cookie shifted away. "Do not yell at me. As for why, I suspected that you were part of an important quest. Do you wish to retrieve your friends? The flames will decide. Decide if you're worthy. And unless you wake up to see that the cluster has been already slayed, then the flames will envelop you earlier than they should."

Mili Cookie let those words settle. Whatever flames the cookie spoke of, Milk Cookie wanted nothing to do with them. But now he was pissed. "Get away from here." Milk Cookie warned. Guardian Cookie remained. "I am trapped in this void. But you are not. Exit." the cookie said.

Milk Cookie's eyes fluttered open, his head throbbing with a dull ache. As his vision cleared, he realized he was no longer in the void. He found himself lying on a moss-covered ground, surrounded by towering trees that whispered secrets to the wind. Confusion washed over him as he tried to piece together what had just happened.

"Milk Cookie! You're awake!" a familiar voice exclaimed. He turned to see Financier Cookie standing over him, her face etched with concern and relief. "We thought we had lost you back there."