10 || Acceptance

//Many Weeks Later//

||Calum||

"Wanna start a band?" Michael asked. "What?" I replied. I knew that being in a band would be so cool. I always dreamed to be in one. "I mean come on! It'd be so cool! We could actually be like All Time Low or Greenday or something," he said as he exclaimed in excitement. "That would actually be cool," Luke said.

"So..... Are you guys up for it or what?" Michael asked again. There was complete silence until Luke "YES! Yeah. I'm with him," "And you Cal?" Michael asked once more. I nodded and slowly smiled.

I can't wait to actually be in a band! Especially that I said yes to my buddies. This is cool. I always wanted to be in a band ever since. Listening to Greenday, Blink and other bands inspires me a lot.

It was curfew already and all of the students were asked to go home. Michael, Luke and I headed outside the music room talking about how we would end up and imagining stuff. Like meeting fans or maybe playing in Arenas. We were just talking.

"Calum!" I looked to where I heard the sound. It was my girlfriend, Maddy. I asked her a week after we dated. I mean, I did have some feelings for her and I guess it's worth a shot. My mum was really happy when I told her. She liked Maddy.

"How's jamming session?" She came closer and wrapped her arms around my neck. I placed my hands on her hips and kissed her on the forehead. She's a beauty. "Ew! Don't do that here!" Michael said. "We should probably go first. Bye Cal! Bye Maddy!" Luke said as he pulled Michael away.

"Bye guys!" I said. It's a good thing they let us have our time. Maddy and I needed this. "Well, what about I'll tell you what we did as I walk you home," I suggested. She nodded.

~~~~~~~~~

"Michael asked me if we should be in a band and iiii said yes,'' I said as she smiled. "Is that band thing going to be serious or," she asked. "I don't know. I don't think it will," I said. She exhaled I think with relief. Well, that kinda hurt. But I don't think it will get serious or something. We'll never know.

"Well, bye Calum! See you tomorrow!" She said as she kissed me on the cheek. I smiled. "Bye!" I said as I waved my hand.

~~~~~~~

"So Calum, how's school today?" Mum asked as she took a bite with the lasagna she cooked. "Well, mum, as usual," I replied. "Boring and useless?" Mali added. "No, waste of time," I said. Mali and I laughed almost to the point where I choked. I drank the glass of water next to the plate and I looked at my dad. He had one eyebrow up. Oops

"Dad, I was just kidding," I said. "Good," he said. "Hey Calum! Is it true that George won the Math quiz bowl again?" Mali said with excitement. I widened my eyes. I totally forgot about George for how many days. Now that we're going to talk about her, just makes me so sad and angry at the same time. I don't know why.

"I don't really know. Never heard about her anymore and I don't really care," I said. My anger outburst. What's wrong with me? "I thought you cared about her?" Mum asked with total confusion. I clenched my fist. "Can we not talk about her?" I said as I looked down. "Excuse me," I exited the dinner table and went straight up to my room.

What's wrong with me. Am I okay? I didn't really unserstand myself. I think I'm just angry because I miss her too much. It's been like a year or something. I miss her so much. I miss everything.

I sighed as tears fell down my eyes. I grabbed the necklace George gave me under my shirt and took it off. I smiled as I was holding it. "When will you come back?" I whispered.

Suddenly, my door cracked open. "Cal? Can I come in?" I looked back to see who it was. It was Mali. "Sure," I replied. She sat down next to me. "I'm sorry. I didn't know you're still affected," she said. "No. I'm just tired," I lied. "Look, I know how it feels to miss a person so much. It can be really hard but you need to try and forget. What matters is that you built happy memories and that's it. We need to face reality," she said.

I kinda agreed. Forgetting George can be my antedote to what I'm feeling right now. I just need to remember the happiest moments we made and accept reality. But forgetting someone you truly loved is super hard. It's like accepting the fact that your pet's dead or something.

I sighed. I clenched the necklace on my hand. "I should go. I need to finish my homework," Mali said. She patted my back and left my room. I looked at my bedroom window and thought "George is gone," and sighed. I wore my necklace again and lie down my bed. I felt calm. It's kinda working.

I smiled. "George, goodbye," I whispered.

||George||

"I'll call you back later after we finish our dinner. Bye! I love you!" I said as I made a kiss sound by the phone. It was my boyfriend Alex. We've been in a relationship for how many weeks and I think it's going perfectly. I love him, he loves me. It's what I've always dreamed about.

"George! Let's eat!" Mum yelled as I hurriedly went downstairs. I was famished as hell. I was sooo hungry. "I'm here!" I said as I sat down the chair. Our dinner looks so good. Spaghetti. Yes. "Let's eat!" I said. I dug in so much. It was just perfect.

"So George, you won again for the Math quiz bowl. I'm really proud of you," dad said as he gave two thumbs up. I grinned. "I didn't even really study," I said. My mother's eyes widened as she looked at me furiously. "Now that's mt girl!" Dad said as he pointed at me. My mum had a frown on her face. "George, you need to study," she said with a serious tone. I looked down. "And honey, don't encourage her!" Mum said as he slapped my dad's arm. What a couple.

"George! I almost forgot! I heard that Calum was chosen to go to Brazil and represent our country! You know like the football thing he has," dad said. I widened my eyes. I looked at my dad. "I didn't know that," I looked down and bit my lip. Why did he mention him? "Don't act like you never hung out with him!" Dad said as he laughed. I was just looking down.

"I don't feel like eating," I exited the table and went to my room as fast as I could. A tear fell down my eye. I looked at my bedroom window and cried even harder. I curled into a ball. I took off the smiley bracelet.

What was wrong with me? Did I miss him too much. Was I angry because I left him. But I said goodbye. Is this because I try to forget about him or move on? What am I feeling.

"George?" I heard my dad's voice. He sat down on my bed. "You know, I once felt that when my dog died when I was younger. I felt angry because I thought it was my fault why he died," he said. "You had a dog?" I asked so that we would go off topic. "Yup. I loved him so much. Almost to the point where I didn't want to leave his side. When he died, I gathered all the memories I had with him and placed it somewhere," he said. "Where did you place it?"

"In here," he pointed his heart. I cried. "How many weeks after that, I tried to find a new dog," he said and smiled. "Why would you replace someone you really cared about?" I asked. "I didn't replace him," he said. "I was looking for another experience," he added and smiled. "I bottled up everything I had with that dog in my heart. Memories that aren't worth replacing. I found a new dog and tried to find another set of memories. I never replaced or forget the dead dog. I would never," he added.

"There's a reason why Ashton and Alex are here. They're here to give you new experiences. Calum may be gone, but he's always in your heart. Don't be mad at yourself. It's not your fault. I mean, sometimes, in life, we need to make desicions that may hurt right?" I nodded. "Don't cry now. We may never know, in the future, you would meet him or something and that friendship you guys have can turn into something mire beautiful," he hugged me.

I agreed. Calum will always be in my heart and will always be my beef. He may not be here physically but he'll always be somewhere deep in my heart. I know that.

------------------------------------------------

Authors note:

Hry guys! Wassup? Hope you guys would like this chapter. I'll just apologize if ever there are grammatical and spelling errors. I'm kinda tired because school just started here in my country. Hope you guys could bare with me.

<3