8 || Someone New

|| Calum ||

It's show time and I'm not going to disappoint Mikey. This is our chance to prove to the people that we have talent, not only skills. It's a good feeling actually, to play in front of how many people. I mean, even though I walk pass them or by them or see them everyday, I get to actually showcase my talent in front of a crowd. That's what matters to me in this moment.

I'm actually kind of nervous as well. Thinking that you know these people and some of the people from the crowd can maybe one of your close friends, it scares me. What if they'll laugh or something? I mean, I don't really sing in front of people. I just sing with Mikey and Luke at the music room and I'm convinced.

As we were preparing some stuff backstage, I glanced the crowd to see if how many came. And from what I didn't expect, many people did come. Some of them weren't even by my year level. This is making me really nervous but happy at the same time.

"Ok listen up, after those guys are finished with their dance, you guys come right up to the stage, sit down on the stools that has been prepared for you, get the guitar and do your thing. After your performance, you place the stools on the corner, bring your guitars with you backstage and that's it. Don't forget this okay?" Steve, the head student of the program reminded us.

We all nodded in response. As soon as the dancers got out from the stage, we did what we were told. We kind of made some few adjustments to make it perfect. Michael started counting. That means we're about to start.

We were going to perform Bruno Mars' "Just the Way You Are". We chose a song that we know that would make the people dance and sing along so that we'll get points for audience impact. I do hope this works.

"Oh, your eyes, your eyes make the starts look like their not shining," Luke sang the first part of the song. I must say, I did hear some cheering as Luke sang the verse. Luke's kind of a ladies man despite the look. Hehe

After the verse, obviously the chorus, we all sang. Michael did the higher notes, I did the lower ones and Luke sang the melody. Both lads were strumming the guitars as hard as they could and I was just focusing on my harmony. "Just the way you aare," we sang. The plan kind of worked. Some people were singing with us. Some weren't. Come on!

Next verse, which means I get to sing it. I was just reminiscing my moment, closing my eyes and feeling the lyrics of the song to make it sound beautiful until I heard so done cheering my name. It sounded like a girl.

"Go Calum! Woooo!" She was screaming my name. I opened my eyes and wondered, who could that be?

GEORGE?!

I was busy scanning the crowd while I was singing. I just did some weird dance moves on the stool to make it look like I'm having a good time when in fact I was doing something else. I was finding George. She's here? Or is it just in my head.

It couldn't be, it sounded so real. Could it be? She came back to see me?

The cheering got louder and I became more furious since I couldn't find her. What if she was in the back? What If she was covered? Damn, I just wanted to see her.

"Wwoooo! Calum!" It sounded like it came from the left side. Oh. It wasn't George. It was Maddy.

Lesson learned, never jump in to conclusions.

She was waving and smiling at me. She was cheering for me. It was kind of flattering. I mean, a girl that pretty, cheering for you? Achievement.

I smiled from her direction. She smiled back. Then I knew from that moment that George and I are no more. She's not here. I'm not there. We don't communicate. We don't see each other anymore. It's over.