16 || A Night to Remember

|| Calum ||

"Why didn't you say yes?!" I yelled. I didn't care what people thought. I was just interested to know. "Well, I had a piano recital that day. I could've gone but you guys were done," George explained. I sighed. I could've met her beforehand but I'm happy.

I was just smiling through the night. Feeling happy that I finally found my beef. My only beef.

"So Calum, tell me, do you have a girlfriend or naw?" She asked. I looked down. "Nope," I said. "I did but, we had to coz," "I understand," she interupted. "It's okay beef. You'll find the one if there is," she said. I smiled. Can you be the one George? Why?

"Anyways. Are you done with your food?" She asked. I nodded with a smile and ate all the food left on the plate. I hurriedly ate it and smiled again with a full mouth. "You look like a chipmunk," George said. I smiled again showing my teeth with a full mouth. I had trouble chewing.

"Chew! Chew! Chew! Chew!" She chanted. I chewed and chewed. I finally swallowed. I smiled again. She took out her phone and took a picture of me. "And there," she said. "So you finally got a phone," I asked sarcastically. "Yup. I felt the need," she replied with a sarcastic smile, leaving me to chuckle.

She leaned towards me and pinched my cheek. "God how I missed these cheeks," she said and smiled. "I missed you actually," she said and leaned restingly on her chair and crossed her arms. "I did as well my friend," I replied and followed her.

"You done?" She asked again. "Yup. No more food," I replied. "So beef, wanna do something?" She asked. I wiggled my eyebrows. She wiggled hers as well. "Like back then?" She asked. "Like back then," I replied.

We imediately got out from our chairs and payed. "Keep the change man!" I yelled. We ran towards the door and just continuously ran. We didn't care where we went. We were just running.

We reached places we've never went before. We took a lot of pictures. Talked a lot. Just did everything at one night.

~~~~~~~

We rested at the middle of nowhere. We were actually on top of of an abandoned building and watched the stars. "Yo Cal! I remembered we looked at the stars when I left the day before," George said. "Yup. I remember. I showed you venus," I recalled.

"Now look at us. I want to do this every night. Maybe even everyday," George said. I rested my hands on the ledge and interlocked. "You don't know how much I've always dreamed about this for years. I really really missed you beef," I expressed.

I glanced at her but I didn't expect she would do the same. I just stayed on the glance instead and smiled. She immediately wrapped her arms around me. I did the same. "I really really really really really miss you beef! So much!" George said. "I miss you more. More than what you just said," I replied.

Tears ran on my face instantly. I wiped it as fast as I could for George not to tease me. I didn't expect she would wipe it with me though. I smiled. "George," I said. "Yeah?" She replied.

"I--I," I stuttered. I didn't want to tell her. But something inside me just wanted to shout it.

"I-- I just want to say that I'm really happy," I said. But unfortunately, those weren't the words I wanted to spit. "Me too beef. Me too," she replied. Oh George. If only you knew.

|| George ||

We were walking towards my neighborhood. I'm happy that Calum would do that for me. "Beef, thanks for walking me home," I said. "No big deal. We do this before remember?" He said. "I remember. Damn beef. We had so much years! Wasted! Just because I ditched you for that school," I said.