12 || Gig

||Calum||

"This is so insane," I said, with excitement. I have been waiting for so long to do this. Playing in front of 200 people has got to be the craziest thing ever. Honestly, even bigger than playing football on national tv. It's weird, I know but this is my dream.

"Have you guys done this before? You guys look a little nervous," Ashton, the drummer we picked, asked. "No. This is our very first time," Michael said as he clapped his hands. "Oh. This is cool," Ash said in reply. "Hey Ashton? I didn't really tell you this but I watched your gigs at the pub down town. I'm honestly happy Michael asked you to play with us," I said, whole heartedly.

"Thanks man! Can't wait for tonight. What's your band name again?" Ashton asked. "Oh. It's 5 seconds of summer. Or 5SOS if you want a shortcut," Michael said. "Guys, 10 minutes," Luke came out of no where. He was sweating so much. Really obvious that he was nervous.

"So Ashton, your friend was supposed to play the keys right?" I asked. "Yeah. She couldn't come because of her piano recital. She can't back off," he replied. I nodded my head. "Did you say she?" Michael asked. "Yup. She's actually my best friend. She likes punk rock," Ashton said with confidence. "Reminded me of my best friend. She's a she too. She also likes punk rock," I said as I smiled. "Oh. Is she here?" Ashton asked. "No. She actually went to another school. I think she's doing great there. Hope she found a new best friend," I smiled.

"That's unfortunate. My best friend's really weird at times. She's loud, boisterous and always energetic. She's hot though," Ashton said. "Mine too. But she's very unnatractive," I laughed. "But I'm lucky that I'm her best friend. She helps me, a lot," Ashton said with a smile. "I miss mine," I said as I held the shell necklace.

~~~~~~~

"Thank you so much for coming tonight," Michael said as we walked out off the stage. We entered backstage and drank some water. The backstage was very tight so Ashton and I went outside. Michael and Luke received the pay.

"That was really cool!" I exclaimed. We expected 200 people to go though but 12 is okay, right? "You were really cool with the drums mate," I said as I patted his back. I wished he was in the band. He was really cool. Wait. What if he is in the band?

I started thinking about it. Luke and Michael finally came. I got down on one knee in front of Ashton. I just felt the need to. "Ashton? Will you be our drummer?" I asked. Michael and Luke smiled. Must've been thinking the same thing. "Like be a part of the band?" Ashton asked. "Yes! Be our drummer! You're perfect!" Luke said and followed me. He was on his knee. We looked like idiots. "Sure! But seriously guys. You don't need to do that," he replied and laughed.

Woah. We're actually complete. We finally have a perfect drummer! And he happens to have a bass guitar at home. Good

Now that we finally have a drummer, I hope we'd actually stay long and maybe do more gigs this time. And maybe even tour if that would happen.

||George||

"Georgina King," the host said my name. It was time for me to play my piece. My parents were in the crowd cheering. Quietly though. I didn't see Ashton but that's okay. He's in a gig.

I was going to play a Beethoven piece. Hope the cramped fingers are worth it.

As I was playing, the door of the theater opened. I glanced at the direction. It was Ashton. Now I'm guilty that I didn't go to the gig. He was giving me a thumbs up. I can see his dimples even from a far. Kyutiepie.

~~~~~~~

The recital was finished. I was really tired and I wanted to sleep. I went straight to my parents. Ashton was with them. "You did really well honey!" Mum said as she kissed my forehead. "That was very nice," dad said as he squeezed my arm. "Hey! Just in time right?" Ashton said.

"Why did you come here? Did you do the gig or," I asked. "Yup. It ended early though," Ash said. "Hey, I'm in the band!" Ashton said and smiled. "That's exciting!" I exclaimed. "Maybe we should let you guys hang out for awhile," dad said. "You guys can go first," I said. I kissed my parents' cheeks and waved goodbye. Ash did same.

"So, where did we end?" "The band part," I said. We exited the venue and went inside Ashton's car. It was a hand me down, but at least. He started the engine and moved. "Anyways, I'm already in the band!" He said again, with excitement.

"What about swallow the goldfish?" I asked. "Nah, that's just for school," he said. "And hey! I mentioned you to them. They said if you're interested to join, you can. I mean, it would be so cool. A punk rock band with keys? That's new," he said. "Uhm, I don't know Ash. I'm too busy for school. I need to focus. Would've been sooooooo cool," I sighed. I was kinda sad. This is a once in a lifetime offer. But school's on the way. Guess I need to wait.

"I'll just ask you in the future then when you're not too busy," he joked. "You should," I said. I'm so jealous of Ashton. I could be playing instruments right now.

~~~~~~~

As I got home, Ashton helped me with my stuff. "Wanna join us for dinner Ash?" I offered. "Nah! Mum's cooking my favorite today. I don't wanna miss that," he said. "Aw. Next time then. You owe me dinner," I squinted my eyes. "And you young lady owe me a gig," he said. "Fair point. Goodbye now," I said with an english accent. I was pretty good. "Goodbye to you too lassy," he said, with an english accent. Mine's better.

-----------------------------------------------

Authors note:

This is short as hell. I kinda got a little lazy making this. Anyways. Expect me to be very unupdated. School. I'm filipino you see. Anyways, hope you like this chapter even though its just short. You saw what I did there with the cashton part? Yeeeaaahhhh. Love ya guys!!