Lieutenant AK

Adu was just finishing up his breakfast in his deck when his junior walked up to him, "Sir phone call sir. It's the admiral." Adu thanked him with a nod and hurried to the communication room. He picked up the phone and said, "Good morning sir. Hope you are having a great morning." Voice on the other end said, "Good morning captain. Had your breakfast yet?" Adu answered, "Yes sir, just did." Admiral continued, "Ready for some good news then? Congrats Lieutenant AK. You have been promoted and will be on shore now. We want you to take over the Chennai port at the earliest. You will also be responsible to train the new young entrants as well. So see you here soon." Adi was thrilled but he had to control his excitement. As soon as he reached Vishakapatnam, he made a call home, "Chellakutty amma, oru good news. Enakku promotion kedachirukku. You are spreading with Lieutenant Adithya Krishnan Anandasivan. Enakku shore posting so konja naal thara ticket. Neeyum andha unnoda lover boy yum seekirama chennai ku vandhudungo. Ungala romba romba romba miss pannaren." Sivu was beaming on the other end, "Congrats da. Iru Appa kitta kudukaren. Avanukku promotion kedachirukaam" and she handed over the phone to Achchu, "Dei Adu. Good job Good job. Ippo land thaana?" Adu smiled and said, "Baba adhukku peru shore duty baba. Seri neengal ennoda darling a kooteendu seekirama chennai ku vaango?" Achchu smiled but responded saying, "Yaaroda darling? Naan avala kalyanam paneerkalaina nee porandhirukkave maate. Seri Seri nee first settle aagu adhu kulla naangal inge irukara karuatha paathuttu varom. Quarters irukku illiya?" Adu replied, "Irukku pa. All arrangements have been made. Seri naan vekkaren. Bye." He hung up with a big smile on his face.

Arrangements were already made for him to fly down to Chennai immediately. The next morning, bright and early, he was in the office to take charge, only after the admiral placed the extra badge on his uniform.

Brinda Subramanian

Guys, disclaimer first: enakkum Navy kum endha sammandhamum illai. Enakku Culinary school kum endha sammandhamum illai so please treat this as a regular story and excuse my errors and lack of knowledge on the subjects. Thanks for your love and support yet again.