First GoodMorning ☀️

Adu was driving back home, already missing Gayu, when his phone suddenly pinged. He glanced at it and smiled. It was a message from her, ofcourse. It was a selfie of her making the Korean love symbol with her fingers and her beautiful smile. The message read, "Maams reached the gate. Idhu thaan ennoda original phone. Nethakki irundha busy la idha thara maradhutten. Pazhaya phone ku inime theva illama bill katta vendam. Andha drama thaan mudinjaache 🤪. Ayo naan Unna already miss pannaren. Nee varalenaalum parava illai unnoda lips mattum en kooda anuppi vai. 💋. I love you so much. See you soon."  Adu laughed seeing her message and said out loud, "You are one of a kind."

As soon as he reached home, he saved the new number as "Rowdy" and then messaged her back saying, "Sorry, driving la message vandhadhu naale udane respond panna mudila. Nee ippo transit la iruppe. Have a safe trip and a great time. BTW, ennoda lips venumna seekirama enkitta vaa. Enakku unnoda lips mattum pathadhu, muzhusa venum 😉. I love you so much and missing you like crazy. Talk to you soon" and he sent it. Then he put his phone aside and sighed. He had been alone for years but two days of Gayu in his life had changed everything upside down. His house seemed quieter than ever. He could literally see her and hear her all around the house. Everything reminded him of her which drove him nuts. He spoke aloud, "Ennama panni vachirukke nee enna. Ithana varsham thaniya irundha aalukku ippo oru nimisham kooda nee illama irukka mudiyadhu nu thonardhe. What is this magic, my dear genie!" Just then he got a message from her, "Just reached Manmadha. Will call soon." This brought an instant smile to his face. He decided to drink some chai and watch TV, although he was very distracted. At least he will be at work the following day.

A few hours later, his phone rang indicating a video call. He quickly picked it up and smiled ear to ear when he saw her gorgeous face and her chirpy, "hiiii maams, enna pannarey?" He responded back saying, "Enna pannarena? Unna miss pannaren." She quickly gestured him to shhhh and the next second Radhu's face appeared, "Adu eppidi da irukke? Avale romba miss pannariya? Appo yen da 4 varsham andha letter a pirikyadhikki vachundai? Adha annike pirichirundha enga aarukkum tension irundhirukadhu?" She laughed and  Adu  blushed, "Illai cover la appidi thaan ezhudheerndha. Promise nu vera irundhudhu. Adhunaala thaan" he said sheepishly. Radhu laughed and continued, "Seri naan Sivu chithi kittayum Chithappa kitteyum pesinen. Aishu delivery aana aparam konjam naal kazhinju ava thirumbi vandhuduva. Avaa vandha udane nischayadaartham vachukalaam. Apparam nalla muhurtham paathu kalyanatha paniyudalaam. Unakku sammadham thaane?" Adu nodded his head profusely, "Haan Ungalukku ellam ok naa enakku ok thaan. Gayu enna chollara? Avalukku inum wait pannanam nu thonardhuna adhukkum naan ok." Gayu peeked in saying, "What is this nonsense maams? Ungala vida jaasthi naan thaan wait paneerken so inime ellam wait panna mudiyadhu. Infact unga amma appakum conference call pottu, phone liye nischayadaartham pannalaam vaa." They all laughed at her idea and she rolled her eyes, "Nalla nalla idea ellam thooki padungo kupathottila...hmmm" Manikandan spoke a few words to Adu too before handing over the phone to his daughter who ran up to the terrace for some privacy. "Maams, enna romba miss pannadhe ok? Correct aa chaputtu, thoongi, office velai la focus pannanum. Boss kitta thittu vaangadhe. Naan daily unakku night la video call pannaren" she then quickly glanced around and then gave him a kiss, "ippodaiki idhu vachukko." He couldn't help loving this adorable woman. "nee eppidi maa ippidi irukke? You are cute and hot at the same time. What a combination!" he said. She gave him a proud look, lifted her collar saying, "credit goes to the manufacturing department. They did the job right" and she winked, shocking Adu who could only say, "ayayo". After chitchatting a little longer they wished good night and sweet dreams to each other.

Adi began his usual routine the next morning with just one addition, his first good morning to her.

Brinda Subramanian