CHAPTER 2

-🔪BHAGYA P.O.V🔪-

The tension in the air was so thick, Bhagya was certain even her knives couldn't cut through it.

She was standing in the shadows, behind an unfamiliar man.

She hated standing in a man's shadow.

But she had the power in the situation.

Just a little further, and the knife she was gripping, Sankt Ulla, would pierce the arrow of Van Daal's heart.

The other knife, Sankt Juris, was aimed right at his kidney.

Her sister, Inej, had one of her blades, Sankt Petyr, on the man's throat.

But she wasn't in the mood to be engulfed by pleasure that she and her sister had control over this podge.

Her best friend, and insufferable pain in the behind, Kaz Brekker was probably going to meet the Grim Reaper himself.

Kaz had a gun pointed at his chest, Geels had the upper hand.

Bhagya knew if Kaz fell on the ground, cold and lifeless, they all fall with him.

But the calm on Kaz's face gave her a sliver of hope.

Kaz Brekker had a plan.

He always did.

He wouldn't let his precious Investments and puppets die tonight.

Besides, Bhagya didn't want to die without catching the bouquet at Kaz's and Y/N's wedding.

And she would only die after she became the god mother of there kids.

Heck, she needed to see them hold hands atleast.

Well, it looked like a certain cripple called Kaz Brekker was going to ruin her future plans.

I hate this guy. Bhagya thought.

Geels smirked, angling the pistol higher. "Kaz Brekker, the great escape artist. How are you going to wriggle your way out of this one?"

"Going out the same way I came in." Kaz ignored the pistol, turning his
attention to the big man lying on the ground.

"Do you know what your problem is, Bolliger?" He jabbed at the wound in Big Bol's stomach with the tip of his cane.

"That wasn't a rhetorical question. Do you know what your biggest problem is?"

Bolliger mewled. "Noooo ..."

"Give me a guess," Kaz hissed.
Big Bol said nothing, just released another trembling whimper.

"All right, I'll tell you. You're lazy. I know it. Everyone knows it. So I had to ask myself why my laziest bouncer was getting up early twice a week to walk two extra miles to Cilla's Fry for breakfast, especially when the eggs are so much better at the Kooperom. Big Bol becomes an early riser, the Black Tips start throwing their weight around Fifth Harbour and then intercept our biggest shipment of jurda. It wasn't a tough connection to make." He sighed and said to Geels.