Helping Chris

"But dad there's no way that Gamba could of gotten in out of the cave." Peter says as the group is following Mr. Crenshaw into a building.

"Pete I told you I don't want you kids to get involved. Bob your mom must never know." Mr. Crenshaw says.

"But it looks like Chris could use our help." Peter says as he and his dad bicker while they arrive where they'll be staying.

*Timeskip*

"I don't like being blamed for wrecking a girl's life. Especially a pretty girl. Left alone. Nowhere to go. Freezing in the cold." Peter says as the group is laying in their beds.

"It's hot outside." Jupiter says as Peter looks at him.

"Don't be so logical Jupiter. Her father said she was in danger." Peter says.

"Guys just go to sleep please. We can worry more about this in the morning when we can get a fresh look at the situation." Alexis says tiredly before immediately sitting up hearing a noise.

"I'm not gonna sleep hearing that." Bob says.

"What is that?" Alexis asks.

"Code orange. Intruder protection." Jupiter says as he, Bob, and Peter prepare to catch the intruder as Alexis stands off to the side smelling the air as she recognizes the scent before the boys then catch the intruder.

"Chris!?" Jupiter, Bob, and Peter ask in union seeing they caught Chris.

"Nice job guys. You caught the intruder." Alexis says as the boys look at her.

"Very funny." Peter says as Alexis smiles slightly before helping Chris up.

"What do you think you're doing?" Chris asks annoyedly.

"I well.. we.. sorry." Bob says nervously.

"Nice of you to drop in." Peter says.

"We could be asking you the same question. What are you doing here in the middle of the night?" Alexis asks as Chris looks at her.

"I've got two hundred grand here. All my savings. I wanted to hire the four investigators to clear my father." Chris says as she pulls some money out of her pocket causing Alexis, Jupiter, Peter, and Bob to look at each other before at Chris.

"You didn't seem to trust us much." Jupiter says.

"Why change your mind now?" Alexis asks.

"I don't but you're the only detectives I know. And you said you haven't lost a case. Right?" Chris asks.

"Right." Bob says.

"So if I show you respect I expect the same from you." Chris says.

"I respect you." Peter says happily.

"With all my heart." Bob says dreamily as Alexis looks at him.

"Oh brother. What is it with guys and pretty girls? Well at least Jupiter isn't acting gaga over her." Alexis thinks as Jupiter walks forward a bit before looking at Chris.

"Before we can decide whether to take on a case you have to tell us everything you know." Jupiter says.

"I will." Chris says.

"Who do you think attacked miss Wilbur?" Jupiter asks.

"Miss Wilbur said what it was. The tokkalosh." Chris says.

"Your father said something before he was taken away by Farraday. Find grace. What do you think he meant by that?" Jupiter asks.

"I don't know." Chris says as Jupiter walks over to a window.