Day Ten Part One

Words →_→ 1355 words

☣️☣️☣️

Waking with a start, he found himself in a valley of vast emptiness. Although the darkness was not a thick one, there wasn't really any light.

He felt nothing. He usually felt cold and alone but this time it was as if his senses didn't work.

The only thing he felt was rage. He could feel it from within him, a spark that threatened to consume him. A spark that ignited as the memories flashed through his mind.

"Wait, did I just... Did I just die?" He said as the realization hit him.

"That's right, you are very much dead."

He didn't have to look to know who had responded. Even in death it seemed he was still haunted by the mirage of his own image. However, for the first time this didn't bother him. He was more bothered by the idea that he was dead.

"No... No..." He began, balling his fists in anger. "I can't be dead... They don't get to do that to me."

He could feel the rage growing stronger and turning into hatred. He hated them for what they had done to him. For lying and manipulating him and it made him very angry knowing that they were probably going to get away with it all especially now that he was dead. He wanted them to pay. To hurt like he did.

He felt a pair of hands grab him by his chin and force him to look up.

"You're angry. That's good." His image said to him as he watched it slowly disintegrate. "Use that anger, let it make you stronger and destroy everything that causes you pain. These people who would take everything from you, you will take everything from them. Bring them to their knees. Make them beg for mercy but show them none."

☣️☣️☣️

It had been around 1 a.m when she had finally fallen asleep. Even then, she could not rest easy. Her dreams were unsettled, like a broken record playing in her mind.

In one of her dreams she was in a car with her cousin Tia and her son Jesse. When she blinked she was standing in a graveyard. The grave directly in front of her read;

Emilia Larsson
DOB : 21/10/97
DOD: _/02/23

She frowned, not because she was looking at her own grave, but because she couldn't make out the date of death clearly. She grew nervous when she saw the month was February, the current month. Was she about to die? Is that what it meant?

"Mama..." Came a familiar voice from behind her.

She turned with a smile to face her dear child.

"My baby." She said as she hugged him tightly.

She released him from the hug so she could look at his angelic face only to see the tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Baby, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" She asked him in concern.

She hated seeing him like this and wanted only to see his sunny smile.

"Why didn't you save me, mama?" He asked her, his voice low and hinting at disappointment.

It was then that she found herself wide awake.

She was groggy at first as she tried to discern what had woken her up. When the fog cleared from her mind, only then did she hear the blaring sound of the fire alarm that was amplified by the castle's surround system.

"What the hell is going on?" She said as she pulled herself off of the bed.

She put on her clothes and, grabbing her phone, she proceeded to the diner where many others were gathering.

It seemed she wasn't the only one confused as they looked at each other. The biggest question : where was the fire?

Looking around, she couldn't see Misty. She was beginning to worry. She hadn't seen her yesterday either. Of course she had been occupied with her grief but she had a nagging feeling about it. Where could she have possible gone? And at such an auspicious time.

Emilia approached one of the familiar looking lab assists and gently tapped him on the shoulder. He was an average built guy with a buzz cut. His eyes were a stormy gray.

"Hey, do you have any idea what is going on?" She asked him.

"No, I'm just as confused." He said to her with shrug.

"How about Misty? I haven't seen her since the day before yesterday. Do you know where she is? Is she here, maybe?" She went on to ask.

When she saw him hesitate she persisted.

"Please, if you know something you should tell me." She pleaded.

With a sigh, he turned to face her.

"You didn't hear this from me, okay?" He began. "I heard from a reputable source that there was an altercation between her and the doc yesterday morning and her body turned up at the morgue."

"What?" Emilia asked in shock.

"My guess is she probably found out something she shouldn't have and the doc had his broody mean brother shut her up." He went on thoughtfully. "Now the rest of us are just freaked out. I mean, Misty was my friend."

Emilia was silent as she slowly tried to process what he was saying. She didn't want to believe  him but she could feel it in her bones that it was the truth.

"I think I know what she found out." She said to him.

"Wait, are you serious?" He asked her, his eyes widening in shock.

"Yes. My room... I need to get to my room and retrieve my laptop, all of the evidence I need is in there." She said to him, her mind was already planning her course of action.

"Okay then, I could come with you in case something happens. I mean, the fire alarm and everything. If you want me to of course." He suggested.

"Really? Thanks. I'd really appreciate that." She said with a smile. "Come on before someone notices we're gone."

They managed to slip out unnoticed. The hallways were empty hence no one saw them as they made their way to her room. When they got there, she used her key card to open the door and let them in. She promptly grabbed her laptop.

"By the way, I never got your name." She said as she grabbed a few other important things.

"I'm Sergeant James Philly." He replied with a smile.

"James huh? What a coincidence. My son's middle name is also James." She said to him.

"Well what a coincidence indeed." He said with a smile. "By the way, you said you knew what she found out. What was it?"

Taking a deep breath, she went on to explain all that they had found out. It felt good sharing it with someone else, especially with what she had found out about Misty.

When she had finished explaining it all, he looked at her with a determined expression.

"I guess the only thing left to do now is share your story with the whole world. They can't shut up everyone." He suggested.

"You're right. We should head back now before someone notices..." She didn't finish what she was saying when suddenly they heard a loud scream coming from the hallway.

"Help!"

They looked at one another before unanimously deciding to check it out. When they got to the hallway, they saw someone run towards them. He was about fifty metres away when he suddenly tripped and fell.

Startled, neither of them moved an inch to reach him especially when they noticed that he was running away from a naked woman.

They both watched the scene unfold before them in curiosity. It was only when Emilia realized she knew the woman that she reacted.

"Misty?" She said in shock.

The bronze skinned woman paid them no mind with her eyes focused solely on the man she had been chasing.

As they looked on, Emilia and Sergeant Philly watched as she jumped the man, pinning him down with incredible strength. Before they could react, she bit into his neck tearing off the flesh from his bones as he screamed in agony.