Chapter 3 - Growing Pains

"Without the dark there isn't light

"Without the dark there isn't light. Without the pain there is no relief."
Jenny Lawson
Author

"You losing it fam.. you could've went to jail going where you're unwanted." Quick disdainfully stated as he peered at Onyx.

That's my wife, I could never be unwanted."
Onyx sat on his couch drinking a cup of coffee, trying to sober up.

"Mmcht, bro you got divorce papers sitting on this counter. You acting delusional." Quick replied as he picked up the papers to put in Onyx's face.

"Put yourself in my shoes." Onyx sighed before snatching the divorce papers out of his face, ripping them afterward.

"I am and I'm telling you it's time to let go." Quick responded sternly.

"You funny Nigga, I thought you was tryna help. Yet, you over here making me sound like I'm some obsessed crazy dude with no sense of self."

Quick smirked playfully. "At the moment it ain't too far fetched. You popped up at shawty crib drunk when she fresh out the hospital. If that ain't obsession ion know what is."

"Alright bro, leave it alone." Onyx grew agitated, his own boy wasn't seeing his side and it had him bothered.

Quick did just that. Not wanting to add more insult to injury.

Instead he briefed Onyx on what was going on in terms of their street dealings. A new plug was detrimental for them to stay afloat and Quick caught wind that Cassidy was sticking her nose in business that didn't pay her.

Onyx could only shake his head, there was way too much going on for him to comprehend while slightly still being under the influence.

Besides his mind was elsewhere anyway, on Promise that is.

____________________________

Parker stood in the mirror checking out her reflection. Her hair was bone straight and she rocking the latest two piece spandex set from chanel. Courtesy of Caesar.

Hate our love by Queen naija played in the background and she sang along easily matching the singer's vocals.

Naive wasn't the word, she was dumb and crazy in love. The vow to not have sex with Caesar until marriage thrown out after their dinner date ended with her riding him on her tippy toes as if she'd had years of experience.

You couldn't tell Parker anything about her "MAN" now. And it showed in the way she beat a girls ass for trying to slyly gain his number while they were out shopping. She was on one to say the least and the luxury he was now providing wasn't even a factor but an aide in her blindness. Ever since their lifestyle changed Parker did too. She'd completely isolated her self by giving an excuse saying she was busy focusing on he studies and career, only showing up to the hospital once while Promise was in her comatose state.