Word vomit

A week has passed since JJ self sabotaged and told Kiara he didn't want her. She had gone home, locked herself in her bedroom and cried for two days straight, she was angry at herself for feeling this way. she hated crying over boys she also hated that she'd let him get this close, she knew he didn't date she knew he would do something like this but she also wasn't stupid she knew why he had. He was afraid. She had known about that way his dad treated him for years now, John b had let it slip one day when she'd noticed some bruises on JJ's stomach at the beach and asked him about it, he'd made her promise not to mention it to jj so she never did. She was also aware that his mother left him when he was very young. He was afraid to let anybody love him because anybody that had ever shown him even an ounce of love, had either left him or disappointed him. She had watched his body tense up as soon as she'd told him how she felt, how he avoided her eyes even though she knew she was telling him something that deep down he wanted to hear. She remembered the words her dad had spoken to him and it made her blood boil.

"you aren't good enough for Kiara and you never will be"

Even though she was pretty sure she knew why JJ had acted the way he had, it wasn't making this any easier. It wasn't making her feel any better, especially since he'd been ignoring her for a whole week. To be fair she hadn't tried to speak to him either but why should she? Was her thought process. She'd tried to make a mends, to apologise in behalf of her dad just to be told that he doesn't want her anyway.

The first time they saw each other again was on a Friday night at the chateau, Sarah invited Kiara over to hang out and Kie decided she was over avoiding him.

KIARA'S POV

I feel his eyes on me as I walk past the hammock in which he's laying in smoking, I don't look at him, instead I walk straight ahead and go and sit next to john b and pope by the fire, immediately inserting myself into their conversation. After a few minutes I glance over at jj and think screw this, I refuse to let things be awkward between us. I stand up and match over to the hammock roughly snatching the joint from his hand just like I used to, taking a drag.

"wow, good to see you too princess" he mutters with a scowl but his eyes scan my face, taking in my features. I stand somewhat awkwardly beside the hammock, not knowing if I should climb in or if that would be considered weird now.. he must notice my hesitation because he raises an eyebrow "you can get in if you want" he says without looking at me properly

"I just wanted the weed" I take a step closer, and lean in so he can see my face clearly before whispering pointedly "I don't want you"

He chews on his lower lip and closes his eyes in a brief grimace "okay I deserved that"

I just hum in agreement, taking another drag before handing him back the joint, as he takes it his hand brushes mine and i our eyes meet at the same time. jj quickly averts his gaze and clears his throat. I take a step back and lean against the tree that's holding the hammock up and roll my eyes, I hate this. It feels like that awkward stage where you try to stay friends after a break up only we never even fucking dated.

"So" jjs voice breaks the silence once again, I think maybe he's trying to make things less awkward. Maybe he feels guilty? I don't know.

"So" I mimic back

"How's Matt?"

Is he serious?

"Are you fucking serious dude?" I snap, pulling a face at him

"What?" He asks innocently

"Why do you care?" I glare at him, the audacity this guy has to tell me he doesn't want me, ignore me for a week and then ask me about other men in my life like he has any right.