Gift

(RAAAAH IM EXCITED FOR THIS ONE THERES GONNA BE LORE
ALSO UPDATE ON MY LIFE: I CANT STOP BURNING MY DAMN GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES 😭)

             The library was empty when we got there. N was at the front desk, sitting in their chair, and it looked like they were asleep. I didn't want to disturb them!

             P1 must have not noticed, and ran up to N's desk. "N!" P1 excitedly slapped their hands on the desk. I quietly groaned before following P1. N probably wasn't going to be happy.

             N opened their eyes. P1 blinked at them, eager. "What have you been up to, N?" He asked. Not much to my surprise, N did not look pleased. They squinted at P1.

             "Well, I did the usual.." N reached up to their face and rubbed their eyes. I set my hand on the wooden counter, running my fingers along the wooden grooves. I then looked back at N and then to their arm. It looked much better than it had the day they injured it. I was glad. "I was just now having a nap until someone woke me up." They then said, an annoyed tone in their voice. I looked at P1, smiling. He looked awkward.

             "Oh, I wonder who." P1 weakly giggled, leaning back a bit. I blinked.

             N looked at their palm. "Anyway, what do you two need?" They then sighed.

             I put a hand on my lower jaw. "Oh, well, we just wanted to see you!" I said. P1 nodded eagerly. N blinked at us, glancing at P1 then at me.

             "You sure?" N sighed, looking down and messing with their fingers. They leaned on the desk with their elbows, shoulders looking tense. "I don't know why you'd wanna see me. I'm boring."

             P1 cocked their head. "You think that?" P1 asked, sounding genuine. N nodded. "Well, I think it's pretty eventful when all of your bugs escape the library and cause havoc. That's not boring." P1 chuckled. I snapped my head left to look at P1. That happens??!! I imagined waking up with Jessie the centipede crawling on my face and shuddered.

             "You're talking about my bugs. My bugs aren't boring. I'm not a bug." N then said, but squinted at P1. "Are you trying to insult me?"

             P1 quickly shook his hands. "No, no no! No I'm not saying that-" he groaned. "Take a compliment, would ya?" He awkwardly joked.

             N sighed. "It's alright." N looked back down at their hands. I felt bad for my friend. I didn't think that N was boring.

             "Why do you think you're boring? I don't think you're boring." I spoke genuinely. N looked back up at me.

             "I mean, you don't see me out every day. I like to be up here reading about bugs all the time, and I don't really like.." N sighed, glancing downward. "I just don't do a lot, you know?" They then raised a shoulder, some kind of half-shrug.

             I tried smiling. "Well, you aren't boring, even if you think you are. It's still nice talking to you. It's nice to see you." I said, tilting my head a little to get a better look at N. They held their head a little low as they messed with their fingers.

             N raised back up and took a breath to recollect themself. I noticed that N's tall desk made them appear even shorter than they were, looking to be the height of Mr.

             "I appreciate it." N didn't sound like they believed me. I felt a little frustrated I couldn't make my friend feel better and frowned.

             P1 cleared their throat. Then, "Oh, N! What time is it?" P1 tapped on his wrist. He didn't have a watch, which was strange. Neither did N. I'd only seen Mr and Arthur with a watch. I still wanted one! It wasn't fair!