Last Visit

(YN attachment issues real </3)

I stepped out of the kitchen and saw Sophie with her hands on Mr's shoulders like she was comforting him. Mr wore an unusual small frown.

"I think I'll go now." Mr huffed. Sophie had just then asked Mr to go apologize to Arthur for fighting, which I thought would be good. I came up to them and Mr turned to me. "How would you feel about paying Arthur a visit?" He asked me.

I perked up. "Oh, I'd love to see him! Sure. Are we going now?" I asked, a grin showing on my face. I hadn't seen Arthur in a bit, and I wondered how he was doing.

Mr nodded. "If you'd like!"

I looked at Sophie, wondering if she was alright with me going. She smiled warmly at me. "I don't mind if you go! Have fun!" She assured me, resting a hand on my arm.

I was happy about that. "Okay! I had fun making the bread with you, Sophie!" I said as Mr offered me a hand. I took it. Sophie nodded and waved, before saying her goodbyes as we both left the bakery.

I liked the bakery.

Mr took me to the church.

We didn't talk much on our walk. Mr looked relieved when we finally made it there. "Here we are!" He said as he looked up at the tall building, setting his hands on his hips. "Do you wanna go first?" He asked, turning to me. I shrugged and nodded, pushing open one of the large doors and taking a step inside.

Arthur was nowhere in sight, but I saw his bedroom door was open. "Oh, he must be in there," I told Mr as I pointed to the door. He nodded and agreed with me.

"You- you don't think he's mad, do you? He probably is. I wouldn't blame him really." Mr sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. I turned to him. He looked and sounded nervous. This was unusual, and concerned me a little.

"Well- he didn't seem too mad when he stayed with me. The worse thing that can happen is he doesn't wanna talk about it." I tried to reassure him. He brought his hand back down to his side as he sighed. I went up to him and rested a hand on his back. "You'll be okay."

Mr took a deep breath as he stood back upright. "Okay. I appreciate it, thank you. Let's go see him!" Mr thanked me before he pulled me to Arthur's room. He seemed more confident now, which I was glad for, but I didn't appreciate him grabbing my hand and dragging me. I tried not to let it bother me, though.

Arthur was in front of his desk, and he had everything on except his usual striped vest. He was fixing his tie. I quickly let go of Mr's hand and ran up to Arthur, giving him a hug from behind. He jumped a bit, but didn't fight me. "Oh-" he muttered, turning his head to look at me. "Hello there." He then set a hand on my head. I let go of him and looked up to him, a smile on my face.

"Arthur! Have you been good? I haven't seen you for what feels like forever!" I said quickly, definitely excited. Arthur finished messing with his tie and turned his body to me, before glancing at Mr. He sighed and looked back to me.

"I've been okay." Arthur said before pausing. "And.. you saw me barely long ago at all." He chuckled. I blinked.

"Oh. You're right." I said quietly as I looked at the ground, feeling a little embarrassed.

Mr cleared his throat and came up to us. Arthur looked down at him, a somewhat upset look on his face. "What is it, Mr?" Arthur sighed.

Mr looked uncomfortable. I set a hand on his shoulder to try and comfort him.

"Arthur! You look, uh.. good." Mr cleared his throat. Mr was being awkward. I squeezed his shoulder harder. He needed to apologize. "Im- sorry for what happened the last time I saw you here. For, uh, hitting you and-" Mr sighed, before Arthur put a hand on Mr's face to quiet him. That was.. unexpected. Was that a normal thing, or just a "Mr and Arthur" thing? They both tended to put hands on faces a lot.