Baking.. again..

(heheh silly Arthur :3 I've been having really bad writers block so this MAY suck)

Sophie noticed Arthur first when we came inside. I was a little offended for whatever reason, but I decided that Arthur was a lot more noticable than me, so I brushed it off. I was happy to see Sophie again.

Sophie gasped at the sight of Arthur. "Arthur! I have barely seen you since.." she sounded happy, but trailed off as she came to us. Arthur looked down at her and she held his free hand comfortingly. "Have you been alright, dear?" She then asked him.

Arthur took a small sigh before answering. "I've been alright since then, thanks Sophie. It's really not the biggest freak-out I've had." He assured her.

Oh boy, I thought. What else had happened that I didn't know of?

Sophie looked relieved. "Well.. I'm glad to hear that." She then paused, taking her hand away from Arthur's before setting it on her hip. ".. you know, you still never picked up your cake! Marbled cakes are not easy to make, and I made one just for your Welcome day!" She then sighed roughly, shaking her head. That was new. A Welcome Day?

Arthur had a guilty look. "Uhh.. sorry about that-"

"What is a Welcome Day?" I interrupted Arthur's apology for this important question. He darted a look at me, looking annoyed, but I didn't mind.

Sophie looked a little surprised at my sudden question, but answered me anyway with a smile. "Well, it's celebrating the very day that one of our neighbors came to town! Arthur's was just last month." Sophie explained before turning her head to look at Arthur with a playful annoyed gaze. "And every year for everybody's special day, I make them their favorite cake, but Arthur never picked up his from the bakery!" She huffed.

I nodded, then wondered why Arthur didn't get his cake. There had to be a reason.

Arthur looked uncomfortable when I looked back at him. "Im- I'm sorry about that, if you want to make another then-"

Once again, Arthur was interrupted. Sophie clapped her hands together excitedly. "Oh, I'd love to make a cake together! Just like the old days!" She sighed happily. Arthur looked even more annoyed, but he nodded.

"Yup. Like older days." Arthur sighed roughly. I could tell he wasn't pleased, but I looked back at Sophie and smiled. I heard Arthur say something, though, "I guess helping is what I do best, anyway." He mumbled under his breath, quietly sighing.

"That sounds fun, making a cake! What's cake like? Is it like bread?" I asked, excited. I was genuinely curious.

Sophie nodded. "Mhm! It's like bread but better. You two come in here," she explained before walking to the kitchen. I still held Arthur's hand as we both followed her.

I liked holding Arthur's hand. It gave me a sense of comfort. I waited around as Sophie reached into a shelf and grabbed a sheet of paper. "Ah, a recipe for chocolate marble cake! Or, zebra cake." Sophie stated before coming back up to us. I wondered what a zebra was.

"Okay! Let's make it! Do I have to get the ingredients?" I asked, putting my fists up as I smiled.

Sophie smiled back at me before nodding. "Mhm, if you'd like!"

I smiled bigger, definitely excited to bake again. I turned on my heels to the ingredient cabinet behind us and hurried over, quick to open the doors and then began looking.

Arthur came over to me with the paper in his hands. "Hold on, hold on," he sighed as he grabbed my hand, which was reaching up for something. "You at least need to know what we need, alright?" He rested a head on my head as he read the ingredients. I nodded.