13. Illustrious friends:

Y/N's room was bathed in a soft glow as Peter and Y/N continued their conversation. Peter had changed into more comfortable clothes, and they both settled onto Y/N's bed, leaning against the pillows.

Y/N couldn't help but play the fool, a mischievous glimmer in her eyes. "So, spill it, Spidey. How did you end up getting bit by that spider?"

Peter chuckled, recalling the incident. "You won't believe it! The spider actually hitched a ride back with us after the Expo. It was probably tired of all the excitement and decided to make our apartment its new hangout spot. That or it just wanted a great place to die, because after it bit me it died..."

A sudden realization washed over Y/N's face. It was the same spider she had lost, the other one she stole. She kept her secret to herself, not revealing that it was her carelessness that had allowed the spider to wander into the Parker apartment.

Peter leaned closer, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "So, now that I've shared some deep spider-bite confessions, care to spill some secrets of your own, Y/N? Got any hidden talents or crazy stories to share?"

Y/N's playful demeanor faltered, her gaze drifting to the undercroft beneath her loft bed. Peter noticed the change and grew concerned, standing up from the bed. Y/N had to act. The undercroft hid her most precious of secrets, her suits. Before he could investigate further, Y/N muttered something that made him freeze in his tracks.

"My grandfather... he worked with Hydra."

The weight of those words hung heavily in the air. Peter's jaw dropped, his eyes widening in surprise. "Wait, you mean that organization that was all over the news with the S.H.I.E.L.D. leaks?"

Y/N nodded slowly, her gaze fixed on a distant point. Y/N nodded slowly, her voice tinged with a mix of disbelief and resignation. "Yeah, that's the one. My grandfather had ties to Hydra. It's messed up, I know."

Peter's mind raced, trying to comprehend the weight of Y/N's revelation. "Wow, that's intense. I can't even imagine what that must feel like for you. Those were encrypted files, how did you actually get into them?"

"I know my way around a computer, more than you know!"

Peter's heart ached for Y/N, the anger, and disappointment visible in her eyes. He stepped closer, his voice filled with empathy. "I'm so sorry, Y/N. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you."

"He isn't the man I thought he was," Y/N said, her frustration seeping into her voice. "Honestly, I thought that because he worked alongside Howard Stark and Hank Pym, he strove to better everything around him."

Peter scratched his head, trying to find the right words. "Yeah, those guys had their fair share of controversies too. I mean, Howard sold his tech to whoever waved the most cash, and Hank... well, let's just say he's got a complicated past."

Y/N's anger bubbled up, her voice trembling slightly. "It's just hard to accept, you know? I spent so much time reading my grandfather's journals, hoping to find answers and maybe even some redemption. But now it feels like I've stumbled upon this dark secret, everything in there just seemed like a bunch of lie"

Peter took a step closer, his expression filled with empathy. "Hey, Y/N, I know it's tough, but remember, you're not defined by your family's past. We all have our skeletons in the closet. What matters is who you are and the choices you make."

Y/N's anger began to subside, replaced by a mixture of emotions. She looked up at Peter, a small smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "Thanks, Peter. I needed to hear that. It's nice to have someone who I can talk to!"

Peter reached out, gently squeezing Y/N's hand. "Anytime, Y/N. We're in this together, right? Whatever challenges come your way, we'll face them head-on."