𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

꧁✯꧂

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘 I insisted on being the one who walks instead of riding Stranger. Sandor is tired and Arya wasn't to be trusted, but he didn't listen to me and told me he's fine with walking.

Around midday we stumble upon a man, whose cart's wheel seemed to be broken. Sandor turns to us before the man could notice we are near him. Taking Arya off Stranger he whispers to her "Remember what happens to children who run. I'm your father, Danya's your mother and I'll do the talking" We played 'the family' before, but not with my sister, and I hoped she would at least shut up and not cause a scene.

Then he walks towards the man who rises his head to look at the person approaching "Roads have gone right to hell, haven't they? Cracked three spokes this morning" he explained to Sandor

"Need a hand?" My lover offered

"Need about eight hands" The man implied, but the Hound rose the cart and all the meat in it quickly, without complaint

"Got to get this salt pork to the Twins in time for the wedding" the man said, fixing the wheel

The man didn't get to thank Sandor properly, as the Hound's fist made contact with his face

"Don't" Arya exclaimed, at the sight of Sandor drawing a knife, ready to kill the man, throwing herself in front of him, struggling to save the farmer. "Don't kill him."

"Dead rats don't squeak" he told the little girl, who had the nerve to try push him of the man.

"You're so dangerous, aren't you? Saying scary things to little girls. Killing little boys and old people. A real hard man you are" She argued

"More than anyone you know"

"You're wrong. I know a killer. A real killer"

"That so?" Sandor asked, not surprised

"You'd be a kitten to him. He'd kill you with his little finger"

"That him?" he pointed at the collapsed man

"No"

"Good" he attempted to step closer to the man, but Arya pushed him again "Don't kill him. Please. Please don't" She pleaded at the man, who drew the knife back into its sheath

"You're very kind. Someday it'll get you killed" Sandor explained to the girl. The old man started getting up, but he had no time to realise what's happening to him, as my sister got a stick and hit him again.

꧁✯꧂

𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇 𝐀𝐑𝐘𝐀 pacing around for some time, my eyes often travelling to Sandor eating some of the pork.

"Who's the swineherd now?" I smirk at Sandor, remembering him insulting the Brotherhood

"No one's going to believe he's a hog farmer if he eats them all" my sister stated

"Best part of the animal" He rose the pork foot in the air, looking at both of us, annoyed

Him and Arya have been arguing and growling at each other every single day. The only thing I could do and I was in the mood to do was to ignore and sometimes laugh at them. And after fighting with my beloved sister day and night having me complaining and teasing him was the last thing his patience could've stand.

"Don't worry. They're still there" He assures her "I know they're still there"

"You check every five minutes like you're afraid they're gonna move"

"I'm not afraid"

"Of course you are. You're almost there and afraid you won't make it. The closer you get the worse fear gets. No point in trying to hide behind that face. I know fear when I see it. Seen it a lot"

"I knew fear when I saw it in you." she remarked "You're afraid of fire." Sandor pauses "When Beric's sword went up in flames you looked like a scared little girl. And I know why too. I heard what your brother did to you. Pressed your face to the fire like you were a nice, juicy mutton chop"

"That gave you some ideas?" he questioned, clearly not in the mood for trading insults with Arya anymore

"Might do"

"Go ahead, then. You might get away. Might even make it there on your own. They're just over the river. The closest you've been to family since Ilyn Payne snipped your daddy's neck" His words made me feel almost nothing, but I still find myself elbowing him.

Arya's words hurt him and he hurt her back. He did not really mean it.

"Someday I'm gonna put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull" Arya swore and started walking away

"Someday I'm gonna make you watch me as I put a babe into your sister's belly" He shouts back at her

꧁✯꧂