Chapter 1 ~ sorry to bother you ~

Wit was enjoying a very rare evening out with some of his old university friends Korn, Nathan, Pat and Orm and they were all well oiled. Korn and Nathan were married now and were expecting their first baby via a surrogate.

Pat was still single and always on the lookout for love or whatever was on offer and Orm was too much of a tomboy to find herself saddled with a boyfriend though many had confessed their love to her over the years.

Orm was Wit's right hand man so to speak, she was one of his branch managers and she was the first person he called when he opened the family's second garage. Korn was busy playing homemaker to his Doctor husband.

Pat's family was wealthy so he didn't really need to work but he was always available to help out if need be. They had been best friends for years and supported one another through thick and thin especially when Wit's girlfriend had cheated on him a year before they all graduated.

It had crushed him and completely put him off dating choosing instead to concentrate on his fathers garage especially after his dad had suffered a heart attack and was told to take things easier.

In the years since then he had allowed work to consume him managing to branch out and open several other garages which were spread all over Thailand. His dad still came into the main office from time to time and handled phone calls and paperwork where Wit preferred to get his hands dirty.

The gang had decided to meet for drinks to celebrate Korn and Nathan's impending parenthood and as usual when the five of them got together they all ended up pretty drunk but what fun they had remembering the good old days.

"hey, do you guys remember that kid, what was his name? he was an exchange student and he was so cute. I was going to hit on him but he disappeared" Pat said.

" you mean that Japanese kid? Masamae or something, yeah he had to go back home because of family problems " Orm replied.

"shame, he was so my type" Pat said again.

"everybody is your type Pat" Wit sniggered.

"I wonder what happened to him?" Orm mused.

" I never met him" Wit said.

"you were going through all that crap with your ex Wit, it stands to reason you wouldn't concern yourself with freshies and exchange students" Korn added.

"I remember him, I didn't like the way he looked at you" Nathan told Korn.

"you don't like the way anyone looks at him Nathan" Pat said laughing.

"well I remember he seemed like a good kid, a bit sad, a bit of a loner but still" Orm replied.

They spent the night catching up, putting the world to rights and generally being silly until they noticed it was getting quite late and Orm was falling asleep on the table, her hair resting in the bowl of snacks.

Pat stuck some up her nostrils and got a waiter to take a picture while they all posed beside her, they would be able to tease her with this for a few weeks at least. 

They decided to call it a night and Nathan who was the least drunk pulled Korn into a cab. Pat promised to see Orm safely home so Wit poured her into the back of a cab with him then he decided to bunk down at one of his garages which was only a few blocks away.

He started to walk to the garage and thought about the evening, it had been a blast. The gang had been happy and when he thought about his life right now he couldn't wish for anything more, ok maybe a lover would have been nice but history had proved that it was easier to stay single.