~ epilogue ~

Nathan called everyone at 2.30am to say that he and Korn were the proud parents of a beautiful baby girl and that both mum and baby were doing great. Korn was crying in the background and gushing to both his and Nathan's parents how beautiful she was.

Wit congratulated his friends and said he would visit them when they brought their baby home not wanting to be in the way at the hospital. Pat and Orm were over the moon for their friends but also decided to wait until they came home as it would be crowded with six people the baby and the birthing parent.

Wit found that after all the excitement he couldn't get back to sleep so he decided to get dressed and go to the garage. There was a car that he had been working on, he could finish that and sleep afterwards so he pulled on his clothes, made himself a quick drink then set off to the garage.

He let himself in the side door and set to work, he was underneath the vehicle in the inspection pit welding when he heard an odd noise. he stopped welding to listen and there it was again, a soft tapping noise.

He climbed up the steps of the pit to go and investigate and as he did, the tapping got louder. It sounded like someone was knocking on the side door. Pat had been spending a lot of time over here just lately when he wasn't in his office so Wit assumed he'd come because of Nathan and Korn's happy news

He unlocked the door to let him in and when he opened it his chin hit the floor when he saw who was on the other side. Masa stood looking at him and then began to cry and Wit who could not quite believe his eyes moved forward and took the boy in his arms. 

When his shock wore off, he lifted Masa's face to his and crushed their lips together. Masa didn't care that Wit was covered in oil and stank of fuel, he didn't care that his hands were black as Wit's fingers brushed through his hair.

All that mattered was that they were both together at last and when Wit came up for air, he looked at Masa's face questioningly.

"what are you doing here, why didn't you let me know, god I've missed you so much baby!" Wit said before kissing Masa again.

"let's go in and I'll make us a drink" Masa said.

"let me just drink you in, that's all I need" Wit said.

"but I'm thirsty, let's go honey" Masa said.

Wit's head shot up at Masa's endearment, he didn't usually call him like that and he had to admit, he liked it. They both went to the back office where Wit threw the dust sheet over the oil covered couch again.

"it's a bit late for that isn't it" Masa said looking down at his stained clothes and smiling.

"I'm sorry baby, I couldn't help it" Wit said.

"it's ok honey, let me make that coffee then we can talk" he replied.

Wit held him from behind as if he was afraid that his boy would disappear and even though it was difficult, Masa managed to make some coffee with a person stuck to his back.

"I got a call from Nathan to say they were finally parents and he said he had called you guy's so I decided to go round to your place but you weren't there, the security guy said you went to work early so I came here" Masa said.

"but how, weren't you in Japan?" Wit asked confused.

"I was until yesterday, I've been at my new place" Masa replied.

"new place, I don't understand?" Wit said.

"I've left Japan Wit, I'm here to stay if you still want me" Masa exclaimed.