Chapter 17 ~ lover come back ~

It had been a week since Masa had gone back to Japan. He had kept in touch as promised but Wit was utterly miserable not being able to be with him. A few day's prior to that Wit had drove him back to J's place and stayed for a while until J' got home from work.

They had both been sad even though they were trying to put a brave face on and when it was time for Wit to leave, Masa saw him to his car where they had held one another, kissed and made their promises.

Their time together felt surreal, it was as if everything had been a dream but then if Wit looked at his phone, he would see the messages and pictures which were the only things that proved it had all really happened. They weren't enough, he wanted to see Masa again and hold him in his arms.

Pat was no better and he would say to Wit, at least you got him to agree to be your boyfriend. Orm had organized a baby shower for Korn and Nathan so they were all meeting up at their place. Wit dressed in a pair of dark pants and a dark patterned shirt to match his mood.

He didn't really feel like going, he didn't want to drag the atmosphere down for the others but he would show his face and take a gift. He had chosen a couple of outfits in neutral shades, lemon and mint and he was giving them a gift voucher to spend in a popular baby shop.

They didn't want to know the sex of the baby until the big day and they were both so excited. Wit knew they would both make responsible and loving parents. He arrived at the same time as Pat and when Orm saw their faces she nagged them both to cheer up.

There were quite a few people there who Wit didn't know, friends and colleagues of Nathan's from the hospital and both sets of parents. Pat avoided Nathan's parents since he use to date one of their youngest sons Ben but they had parted company when Ben realized they didn't really have much in common other than attraction and he felt too young to be tying himself down.

It made sense that Wit and Pat found themselves sitting apart from the rest of the group and basically whining to each other. About half way through the event there was a delivery and it was a large diaper bassinet full to the brim with goodies, the card inside read;

Wit heard Masa's name being mentioned from the other room and his heart sped up, just for a fraction of a second he had thought that Masa had come but when he realized it was just a gift his spirits fell again

Pat was just as heartsick, at least Wit could call Masa his boyfriend, Pat hadn't even had the chance to get further than flirting before Ariki had booked his flight back to Japan. He had thanked Pat for letting him stay and when Pat had sulked about wanting to show him around Thailand he had said he needed to get back to work and that this hadn't been a vacation for him.

Pat could understand and he respected Ariki's code of ethics but that didn't mean he liked it. He had thought of following Ariki to Japan but if he had to work Pat would be cooling his heels every day, there were no guarantees Ariki would even make time for him.