Chapter 18 ~ life choices ~

The mood wasn't much better in Japan, Masa was back at work but questioning his life choices. He thought about when he had revealed his secret identity to J'muzu, he hadn't been shocked, on the contrary he'd been angry that Masa hadn't trusted him and their friendship. 

They hadn't talked for a while until J' calmed down a bit but when they did talk J' tried to see things from Masa's perspective but even so he was hurt and still a bit angry that Masa hadn't trusted him enough.

Masa hoped they would get back to where they were but right now his friend needed time. J' felt like Masa had made a fool out of him, when he had visited him in Japan, he'd had no idea that he was living a double life and now he felt like he didn't really know Masa.

He sat at his desk in his office of a company that he owned but where no one knew and gazed around wondering what the hell he was doing. There had to be more to life than living like this and pretending to be someone he wasn't.

Pat and his family were not as wealthy as the Matsumae legacy allowed him to be but they were still very rich and powerful and Pat didn't live like this, perhaps he should take a few lessons from Pat. He'd been living quietly and keeping to himself yet he'd still found himself in danger from Warihaga.

He kept thinking of what Wit and his dad had said about being happy at work, could he really do that? No matter what he decided to do, he would still have to watch over the running of Matsumae International and Viscount Enterprises from behind the scenes but he could do that from anywhere in the world.

When he went home at night, he spent a couple of hours every evening with Ariki who knew his true identity. His trusted personal assistant who had travelled all the way to Thailand to warn him of the imminent danger he was in. They would go over paperwork and Masa would tell him how to proceed with certain issues.

Masa noted how Ariki was looking down since they had returned from Thailand, he suspected it had something to do with Pat but he didn't want to intrude by asking, he figured it was Ariki's personal life and it had nothing to do with him.

That said, since they had come back it did feel as if their relationship had changed somewhat, it was as if they had bonded a little since spending time together outside of work and the fact that Ariki had met Wit and seen them together countless times.

Masa decided that before he made any important life choices he had to resign from the job he was doing right now then take it from there, he opened up his laptop and began to write his letter of resignation effective immediately. 

When he was done he printed it out and placed it into an envelope to hand to his office superior and by the end of the day he was packing a box with his personal belongings. His colleagues assumed it was because of what had happened with Warihaga and that the experience had traumatized him, they knew he wasn't himself since his return.

Masa messaged Wit every day or night but he longed to be with him, a text just wasn't enough. Wit had awakened emotions and desires within him that only he could sate, Masa didn't know how he had managed to live alone for so long.

He messaged Wit when he got home but he didn't tell him he had resigned, he needed to make his decisions alone and whatever he decided he needed to go forward with confidence. He wanted Wit to be proud of him and not see him as someone needy who couldn't make important decisions.

They chatted for a while and exchanged words of love before Masa told him he had to go because Ariki was coming round to do some work. Wit had asked Masa if Ariki had mentioned Pat at all but Masa said no though he promised to try and dig a bit for him.

Ariki arrived promptly and Masa made them coffee before settling down in Masa's home office to look over the days paperwork. After a while Masa decided to cut to the chase,