Missing grandma

*both Layla and Brittany say boo! they cant help but smile when they hear Santana giggling and trying to hide herself behind her teddy*

Brittany: *gets under the covers and cuddles up to san, giving her a kiss on the cheek* you ready to call grandma? *smiles as san happily nods her head then koala bears herself onto Brittany's body as if she couldn't get any closer*

Layla: *was a little unsure about how the brunette will react to her being close right now* Sanny? *waits for the brunette to look at her* ...can i have a hug goodnight please? *does a fake pout to try and encourage san*

Santana: *smiles up at Layla and reaches her arms out* lay-lay cuddles!

*this of course made both Brittany's and Layla very happy that she wasn't trying to push her away*

*so Layla climbs in under the covers and cuddles with san. Meanwhile Brittany was sending a text to her mum to ask if she was free for a call.*

Brittany: *puts her phone on her bedside table then turns to see the girls giggling together because Layla was putting on a funny accent and making the bear talk to San* alright munchkin, I'm waiting for grandma Debs to get back to me about calling her. In the meantime i think we should get you changed into some pj's. How does that sound? *brushes her fingers through the brunettes hair, smiling down at her like she is the most precious human on planet earth*

Santana: *looks at Layla then up to Brittany* but sam is here! *starts to get anxious about sam coming up the stairs any minute now*

*Brittany and Layla both look at each other with a knowing look. Smiling weakly at each other before they look back at Santana*

Layla: its ok Sanny! I just came up to give you some goodnight cuddles then i was gonna go back downstairs with him. *smiles at san to reassure her*

Santana: *felt so much better knowing that it was just gonna be her and Brittany staying upstairs* ok! Na-night lay lay! *opens her arms, letting Layla give her a hug*

Layla: sweet dreams Sanny-bear! *gets up and goes round the other side of the bed to give her mum a hug too* good night mum! *gives her mum a hug*

Brittany: good night munchkin! *gives Layla a hug and a kiss on the cheek then watches her disappear into the hallway* alright... you wanna come with me to get your pj's from your room? *looks down at san and sees her nod her head*

*since the brunette was extra sensitive from their current situation, its no surprise that she wouldn't let Brittany put her on her own feet while Brittany goes round collecting everything she needs for changing Santana*

Brittany: i promise that ill pick you back up in a minute! I just need to get your pj's from your drawers. Ok? *looks at Santana with sympathy*

Santana: no go mama! I stay wit' 'ou! *just shook her head and clung to Brittany's top even more*

Brittany: *just gives san a kiss on the head and lightly rocks her in her arms to calm her down* ok baby! It's ok! Mama's got you! *goes back to getting everything and taking it back into her room. With a little more struggle, she places san on the bed and starts to undress her while singing a little tune in hopes that the brunette with calm down and not be so fidgety while Brittany changed her*

*a rough 10 minutes go by and Brittany finally got san into a pull up and pj's for bedtime*

Brittany: *picks san up and holds her close, lightly swaying side to side as Santana continues to whimper a little* its all done baby girl! Mama's got you now! *kisses san on the head then sits on her bed with Santana still in her arms*

*just then Brittany heard her phone ping with the notification she had been waiting for*

Santana: *continues to suck her thumb* is dat g'andma? *lifts her head up to Brittany*

Brittany: *look away from her phone and down to san* it sure is munchkin! *smiles as Santana smiles back* you ready to give her a call? *gets a nod from the sleepy brunette* alright! *gives san a kiss then turns her attention to her phone to find her mums contact*

*on the phone*

Debs: hey sweetheart! How are you? *spoke with her usual chirpy tone of voice*

Brittany: hey mama! Im good! *couldn't help but smile at hearing her mama's voice*

Debs: what you been up to today? Where are my grand babies at? *she instantly heard faint giggles in the background of the call and that made her smile* oh, is that my little Sanny- bear? *can tell when san in in little space so she just goes with it*

Brittany: it sure is! *smiles down at san* say hey babygirl? *brushes her fingers through the brunettes hair as she comes out from hiding*

Santana: hi G'andma! I miss 'ou! *pouts even though Debbie cant see her*

Debs: aww, i miss you too! I need to come and visit again soon so i can give you big cuddles.

Santana: can you come now? *had no concept of time when in little space so she has no idea how late it really is*

Debs: i wish i could darling but its almost your bedtime. *hates saying no to san but she knows that its way to late for that*

Santana: *frowns at the mention of her bedtime* nooo! I no wanna go to bed! I wanna see 'ou now! *was getting all whiney coz that's just what happens when she gets tired*

Debs: *chuckles at the little one being in denial of the inevitable* don't be sad! You and Layla can come for a sleep over at grandma's as soon as your mama says so, ok? *spoke with such love and positivity in hopes that it helps calm the little one*