Chapter 107: Blackening

Long Sangyu felt like he became a weeping mess when he spent time with Mo Zhilan. He was indignant and embarrassed. But he was also surprised that the girl who normally spoke with a mild temper on weekdays could actually utter brutal things.

During those moments, her words reminded him of his sister.

Rubbing the space between his brows, the Prince felt a headache coming. The things his wife said were to push him to the abyss of rebellion against the crown.

He admitted that he was already thinking about that these days but he was quite daunted still.

If his sister was here, he wouldn't hesitate. But could he do it with his own two hands?

A rebellion would take years to prepare. He might very well be on his last dregs before he could be confident enough. He knew very well how the King spent time gathering forces, allies and resources but in the end, all of them were for naught because she fell.

If she failed in the end... How could he?

Just then, the doorkeeper announced, "Concubine Zhang is here."

Long Sangyu's eyes glinted with dark emotions.

He felt foolish for faltering like this. If he wasn't as skillful as his sister, he would strive twice, thrice more.

The one he hated was in front of him but he couldn't kill him yet. The Prince's heart became determined.

In order to create the perfect stage, he would ask Zhilan to dance with him.

It would be a dance with fire and stones under their feet. But if it's her, he had a feeling they could make it. He would be indebted to the Mo family all his life but it was alright.

Even if he became their dog, it was an appropriate price to pay. After all, he would be putting them in danger for his revenge.

A genteel arc made His Highness' lips curve. It was this scene that fell in Zhang Yunlei's eyes as he entered the study.

As he could see it, in the Prince's eyes, there was nothing but him.

This prince clearly loved and depended on him more now. "Brother Sangyu..."

Junwang's smile grew wider. Yes, call me brother until the end. Love me until the end. The deeper your love is, the deeper the despair.

Long Sangyu felt like he was becoming an abominable creature. But he couldn't control it. All his life, he was generous and charitable. Even though he didn't trust people easily, he was still willing to make friends with many people without looking at their backgrounds.

He dared to love regardless of status. Because of this, he lost his only sister. His beloved sister who acted more like a parent to him.

The more painful his chest was, the more brilliant his laughter. No one would see the rotten core until the day he destroyed this dynasty. His heart was only full of destruction.

Sangyu didn't want the throne. He was willing to give his life just to deal with the Yao family.

On the other hand, Zhang Yunlei was dazzled by his affection. He couldn't help but want to kiss him.

To his surprise, His Highness avoided his lips. He ended up kissing his chin.

His gaze was full of questioning. It was obvious that Junwang was still hugging him. Why was he restraining himself?

"Brother Yunlei, I don't want to wrong you. But right now, my da jie..." He exhaled. "Even though I am ashamed to receive your help in her arrest, she still met with an accident. I didn't want her to die. Now, I can't wear coarse clothes to mourn her but even if it's covert, this prince still wishes to perform one last filial piety."