Effort

Brooklyn's outfit above

Brooklyn's P.O.V

How could she have taken my sketch book without me knowing. I guess that doesn't matter now that she has practically given it to my crush. Will Jack still take me to the party as a guest? I know it sounds stupid to go to her party, but I want every chance I can get to be with Jack. Maybe one day he'll be my friend and I can finally get over him.

I am at home on my bed. I have buried my face in my pillow and I have been sulking for about half and hour. I got home 34 minutes ago. I spent 10 minutes wondering how I was going to get home. My bus had already left by the time I got outside. I panicked at first. After a few minutes I decided to walk home.

When I got home my sister was on her phone. She then texted my mom, who was at work, and told her that I came home very late.

All of that sucked, but that is the least of my problems. Jack has my sketch book. I can't just walk into school tomorrow knowing he has it. He is probably reading it right now making fun of me and the drawings. He has probably showed his brothers and friends. What if he threw the book away. That may be rude but it would probably be for the best.

I sat up and wiped the tears that are pretty much gone. I cried so much my pillow is now soaked. I flipped my pillow over so nobody will notice. I looked for my phone hoping that wasn't stolen too. I heard it vibrating on my dresser. I picked It up and saw why it was vibrating. I had gotten a text. From Jack. How did he get my contact.

I opened the text to see what he said. At first I hesitated. What if he was making fun of me and telling what horrible things he thinks about my drawings. What if he hates me too. The phone finished loading and opens the message.

Jack: R u still going to the party?

He asked that as though he never got my sketch book. A moment later he texted another message.

Jack: The party is tonight by the way

I stared at the message in shock. The party is tonight! I jumped up and ran to my window. My mom was not home yet. I then remembered why. She was on a business trip. I had completely forgotten ever since all this drama started.

Me/Brooklyn: Yeah, I'm still going. U going to pick me up?

What. Why did I say that? Pick me up? Wow, Brooklyn, just wow.He responded right away.

Jack: Yeah, my older brother is going to drive us.

Great. Now I have another person to worry about. I'm sure he would rethink about picking me up he found out that was talking to my self.

Me/Brooklyn: See u soon.

I put the phone down. What am I going to wear? I went through my dresser and decided that I am going to wear black skinny jeans, a Jeff the killer shirt, my converse, and my black beanie. I put in dangly silver earrings. Before I forgot I slid on six bracelets over my wrists.

I know what your probably thinking. I'm not too dressed up too go to a party. Well, I agree. I just realized this. Most people are probably going to be distant towards me. I don't mind that. I just hope that doesn't mean the party is going to be a waste.

I looked out the window. I wonder what his car looks like. It's probably going to be here any minute. I turned then looked back at the window when I saw a car pull in. It was red and black but mostly red. It kind of looks like van. I don't really know cars all that well though.

I ran down stairs tripping over the last step. I fell and all you could her was a huge thump. I got up and fixed my outfit and my hair. I opened the door. He looks at me a bit surprised.

"Are you okay? It sounded like-" He stopped then looked inside my house. "Who is that?" I turned around to see my sister taking a video of us on her phone.

"Rose! What are you doing? Stop taking videos it's annoying." Rose, my sister looked up from her phone and smirked.

"Take me with you to the party and I won't post this on YouTube." She walked over to us and hit play. What is so bad about the video that she would use it against me? I looked down at the video and my eyes went wide. On the screen was the door. You could here Jack knocking. The screen then shows the stairs. First you see me running down the steps. Then when you see me step down on the last step I fall flat out on my face.

Jack chuckled then turned to me, "Are you sure your ok."

"Yeah I'm fine." I went to grab the phone out of my sister's hands bit she pulls it away. "Fine!" I turned to Jack. " Can she come?"

He stared at me for a moment. "Yeah, sure."

I looked at my sister. She was wearing every color of the rainbow except for green. She hates green. Her clothes are printed cheeta print. Her pants are made of a kind of soft fuzzy material. Her Dark brown hair was messed up and frizzy. She must have not noticed because she looked like she was ready to go. Wow. I am going to the best party of the middle school year with my little sister, my crush, and a regret of taking my sketch book to school that day. That video isn't my only mistake. I'm sure about to be embarrassed more than ever at this party.

//////

A/N: Thank you so much for reading. I would love it if you could comment and vote.