Why Am I Here

Brooklyn's P.O.V

I have no idea where I am right know. I have woken up to see a boy with blonde hair, partly purple. He has green eyes too He seemed to be doing something with my hair. My hair appeared to be a faded blue. The seemed occupied.

At first I was startled by this. I didn't understand why I was here. Or why he was here.

"Do I know you?" The question seemed to startle him. He waited a moment before taking a step back. I turned to the door to see what looked like nurses rushing by. I looked around to see I was in a hospital room. I looked down and chocked back a sob. "What happened?!"

I tried to sit up but couldn't. It hurt too bad. I have bruises and scrapes on my arm and my head hurt. I can't move my leg. I tried but instead felt a horrible pain run up my leg. A tear escaped. I tried not to scream.

"Should I get... an umm... doctor?" The boy looked at me. He hesitated. "You umm... you were hit by a car." I tried to get up but he stopped me.

A nurse walked in followed by a doctor. They saw I had been crying and looked at me with pity.

"Brooklyn it's going to be ok. All's we need is X-rays." The nurse walked over. "Can you sit up?"

Did she call me Brooklyn? "Uh.." I tried to sit up and winced. The boy gave me his hand so I took it. He pulled me up into a sitting position. "Good."

"We will be taking a few X-rays. It shouldn't hurt."The Doctor explained. "We are just going to check and see if you have any broken bones."

"Now relax." The nurse smiled which seemed to help. I relaxed still sitting. I couldn't tell what they were doing. I was too focused on the nurses and a few doctors running to what looked like the room next to me. I only heard one word. "Peter". A nurse saw that I was looking. She came in closing the curtin along with the door behind her.

"We're done." The nurse sighed. They walked out with everything they came with. The boy hesitated to sitting on the side of the hospital bed and instead sat down onto a chair.

"You really don't know who I am?" He asked. I just stared at him. A depressed expression took over his face. He looked down at the floor. "Uh... My names J-" He stopped.

I studied his expression. "Is something wrong?"

He seemed hesitant. "They took X-rays right?" I only nodded. "Ok..."

Silence took over the room. He looked up at me. He stared at me then turned red.

"Nothing." He pulled out his phone and held it up for a moment. He then started doing what ever he was doing on his phone.

I layed back down staring up at the ceiling. Who is he? Why is he here? Why was I hit by a car? Where did this happen? Why is he the only one here? Do I even have parents? Thoughts flooded my mind taking me back from reality. The last thought scared me. Am I going to die?

I looked over at the door. The boy quickly put his phone back into his pocket. The nurse came in. At first I thought it was just her but the Doctor came in behind her.

"We looked at the X-rays." She handed them to me. "Your leg is broken, right up here and along here... Um..." She pulled one of the X-rays out bringing it to my attention. "Can you explain this?"

At first I thought I was pregnant or terrifying like that, then I noticed what she was pointing at. In my arm... Pretty deep... Something's lodged in there.

I glanced up to see the boy turn bright red. "Shard of a glass bottle." He looked down at the floor.

The nurse looked at him quizzically. "Well its not just nothing."

The doctor chimed in. "You'll have to get the shard removed, in a month." So, until then, I can't have you leave.

Jack's P.O.V

The shard is from that one night in the alley isn't it? I didn't know that was. I mean. If only I'd seen it before.

She looked at the doctor terrified. I looked at the nurse terrified. I guess I'm going to have to explain that one. I saw the doctor whisper something to her. She stopped then shook her head. She looked back up to the doctor then said something. He nodded then got out a pen and started writing on a clip board. The nurse and doctor both left shutting the door.

"Um.. What were you saying to the doctor?" I stood up but she didn't make eye contact with me. " You don't have to tell me..."

"It's nothing too bad.. Just that my parents have to come down to the hospital." She looked up at me. I could see that she had a pained expression on her face. "What do I tell them? I barely know who they are!"

"It's.... Being in the hospital isn't your fault.." She wouldn't look at me. "Here, try to calm down." I stood up from the chair I had sat in and sat next to her on the hospital bed. "What do you want to talk about?"

"The doctor had said I have amnesia. Can you explain exactly what happened?" She looked at me.

"Well... There was a car crash. We were at a party. There was a group that were being mean and they hit you with their car..." I stopped. Did I have to say the part about Peter running to try and save her life? She sat still and stared down.

"Will I ever remember again?"

"I don't know. Do you want to?" It hurt to think that she might not want to remember who I was in her life.

"I'm not sure... I mean, how would I know?" She looked up at me. She leaned over and laid her head on my shoulder.

I looked down at her. Since she is more awake she didn't seem as pale but she still looked depressed and hurt. I truly felt bad for her. Just to think. All this, because Sasha. The girl who stole a sketch book.

Hello my readers. For those of you that like this Hello my readers. For those of you that like this type of book I recommend that you go read @Frankie_shadow 's book. She currently has two books published. I am truly thankful that you guys read my book. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Please stick around and I will try to update soon.