Qualified

Peter's P.O.V

"You." I admitted. She's what helped me to keep my mind off of all the bad in my life. Yes, not all good things followed when with her. Maybe we do get in a lot of tough situations together. Being together is all I need to feel like those situations don't mean anything.

The one thing that caused me to feel anxious was what I said. I basically said that I was in love with her. It's not like I chose to be. I can't just order my heart to like someone. In all honesty, I use to think Sasha was hot. I learned not to judge someone by looks. Especially if I didn't want to get hurt.

The door was pushed open. "Are you ready for the M.R.I?" One of the doctors poked her head in.

I looked down trying to hide my face. "Y-yeah. Yeah." Brooklyn spoke as she lifted her self off of the bed.

"Young man. You can come with her." The woman offered.

I started to get up and stopped, looking at Brooklyn. Looking at her, there was no doubt about it. She wanted me to come with her. I stepped off of the bed. My head felt like it spinning. Lately, it always did. I made my way next to Brooklyn. I wrapped my arm around her to support her as she walked.

The doctor held the door for us. She shut it once we had all made our way out of the room. She led the way to a room. She pushed the door open and I paused. Brooklyn took a moment to notice them. She looked up and stopped too.

Jack stood in the room next to the machine with everyone. My head spun. I had to force myself to focus in on who stood. Bae was next to Autumn. Nicole stood right beside Lucas. Flynn was closer towards Autumn. Max, I noticed was closer to Bae. James stood beside Meagan. I looked for Jesse but didn't see him.

"Where's Je-" I went to ask the question. Before I could, Nicole choked.

"He's at the university." Max spoke up. I frowned. I may haven't seen it before, but Nicole fell for that boy. Just as sudden as I fell for Brooklyn.

"Why are all of you here?" Brooklyn spoke up.

Autumn looked at both of us for a moment. "Guys. School is ending next week. For both of us. Some of us are off to college. Some of us are off to high school. Both of you are qualified for it. Before we start more drama, I wanted us to spend one night together."

I smiled. Jack only chuckled. "Besides. It was a bunch of essays and reviews lately. You basically know just as much as I do."

"Yeah. Maybe even smarter then the jock." Bae joked.

Brooklyn put her arms out and her cousin took that as a hug. It lasted about six seconds. I heard a sob. I was surprised to see it came from Bae. Lucas stepped over. He looked at Bae with pity before turning to Brooklyn.

"I would like to tell you something." He smirked.

"What? Are you wearing Jack's underwear again?" She joked. Everyone seemed to get quieter.

"No-no. At least I don't think so." His eyes widened. "I just wanted to say that I think you are a very brave young woman. You got it this far. What could bring you down now?" He smiled warmly.

"Thank you. I don't really see what your talking about though." She admitted.

"I'm saying. You aren't dead." Lucas kept the smile plastered on his face. Though, for some reason I felt he was serious.

"Brooklyn De Anda?" A male and female doctor walked through the doors.

"Yes. That's me." Brooklyn informed the two. The woman pulled out a piece of the machine for Brooklyn to lay on. Brooklyn pushed herself up onto the padded table and laid there.

"Stay as still as you can for me." The man ordered. Brooklyn was slowly pulled into the machine. "It's going to be okay."

Bae leaned towards me. "She's claustrophobic." That made me feel a little anxious. Though, knowing Brooklyn I was sure she wouldn't have a freak attack.

Brooklyn was slowly pushed out by the machine. She slid off of where she had laid. The doctors made an unsure noise. I looked up towards them. Confusion was on their face.

"We have documentation of a piece of glass being lodged into you. I can't find it." The man spoke up.

"What's that?" The woman pointed to something.

"It shifted?" He started tapping his fingers. "A section of it got loose and moved. Not only from here but to-" he moved his finger along what they were looking at. "Here.

The woman cleared her voice. "Has your menstration cycle happening as it should?" The woman glanced at the group.

"Yes, it has." I spoke up for her. Brooklyn's face reddened. She nodded in agreement.

"I don't think there has been much of a disturbance in your body function. If it moves anymore, it could mess something up." The male doctor furrowed his eye brows. "It's close to where the fetus grows. So if you happen to get pregnant while it's still there, the baby would get hurt."

"We could remove it." The woman offered. "It's awfully deep though."

"I suggest staying away from too many sports. Are you sexaully active?" The man glanced at her for an answer.

She grew redder. "No. I don't play sports either."

"What grade are you currently in?" The woman asked.

"Ninth." Brooklyn seemed overwhelmed.

"Okay." The man murmured. "I'm going to ask you to head back to your room. Anyone else could join you."

Brooklyn made her way over to me. She wrapped her arm around me and both of us began to lead everyone back to the room. I knew this was practically the last time we all got to see each other. I wasn't use to being with so many people. Especially without being judged.

I knew Brooklyn and I would be going to the same high school. We live in the same area as the high school. We are both qualified for it. The one thing I couldn't get out of my mind was the fact that drama could get worse. I know I may be qualified for the high school. Though, was I qualified for this girl next to me?

I looked up to see the doors to her room in front of us. I took a deep breath and pushed them open.

//////////
That was the end of Cuts and Bruises. I know it doesn't look finished. The next book will be worked on soon. Thank you so much for reading. I really appreciate it.