Part 14

Mr. Kim woke up & headed downstairs to find Mrs. Kim waiting for him downstairs. He smiled at her. "I knew you would come back." But Mrs. Kim didnt smiled back. Rather she was sitting with a composed posture. And she wasnt dress in her home attire. "I have something to give to you." Mr. Kim didnt understand but he hesitantly sat opposite of Mrs. Kim.

Mrs. Kim took out a paper from her bag & handed it to Mr. Kim. Mr. Kim was confused but he took the papers & read through the lines. The paper fell from his hand once his eyes fell on these words; 'DIVORCE AGREEMENT'. He was astounded & scared. He looked down & saw Mrs. Kim already signed them.

"I cant no longer live with you. You always think of yourself. These last years of my life I want to stay with my son & his family in peace. They always cared for me but when it comes to you, it was always me looking after you not the other way around. That life is more preferable for me." Mrs. Kim stood up & walked out of the house. Mr. Kim tried to go & stop her but his feet didnt move. As if they were glued to the floor. He even tried calling her but his voice didnt come out.

He closed his eyes took a deep breath to calm his nerves. He was nervous, his body was shiver in fear to be left alone. He opened his eyes to found himself in a totally different scenario. He found himself in a room, where Taehyung was sitting on the bed. He has lost his weight & looked like an ill person. His had sunken eyes & dried lips. His complexion was pale. Mr. Kim's eyes fell on the photo frame on the side table. It was a wedding photo of Taehyung & Sujin.

Mr. Kim tried to walk forward & asked Taehyung what was wrong but then again he couldnt move from his current position. He tried talking him but Taehyung didnt listen. Taehyung took out a knife from his drawer, his eyes looking at the sharp edge. He guided his finger into the knife to see how sharp it was. He smiled when he felt satisfied by the cut. Taehyung put the knife against his wrist in an angle & pressed hard on the knife. His blood oozing out of his wrist making him smile wider in satisfaction. Mr. Kim screamed at him & called Taehyung out couple of times but Taehyung didn't listen. Mr. Kim was cried seeing that smile of Taehyung. It was the smile that he yearn of all his life. A smile that said everything will be okay now. You dont have to suffer.

The deep cut caused Taehyung feel dizzy. Mr. Kim forwarded his hand to hold Taehyung's hand & treat his wounded hand but he couldnt. Mr. Kim felt so helpless knowing he couldnt help his son even though he was so close to Taehyung. He cried & cried asking his son what was wrong but he didnt answer. Rather Taehyung's smile grew wider with every passing second. "Let's meet in another life Yn. There I will be always by your side & be a shield for our daughter. I wont make a mistake like this time." That was all he said before closing his eyes & falling on the bed losing his consciousness.

"No no. Taehyung dont do that. I will do everything you say. Dont die like that. What will happen to your eomma? What will happen to me everything I did was just so you could stay lavishly. I didnt want you to die. Please dont go." Mr. Kim cried on his own. He couldnt do anything instead of standing there & crying for the son that was slowly dying. He tried every mean he could thought of to help Taehyung but Mr. Kim failed. 

"Mr. Kim wake up, Mr. Kim, Mr. Kim...." His body shook as he immediately sat on the bed. He saw one of the workers in his room. "Are you okay Mr. Kim? Here have some water." The worker handed him the water. Mr. Kim ordered him to go away. Mr. Kim took deep breaths to stabilize his breathing rate. He has been having nightmares the past few days but this one was the worst. Would things really turn out to be the way he saw in his dreams if he forced Taehyung to marry Sujin?

The fear that Mr. Kim felt was immense & unforgettable. He would never want to go through it again. Not at least in real life. In dream he could at least way up but in reality he would have to carry the burden of his son's murder. He wasnt ready for that. He never would. He wanted to give Taehyung everything & also make sure to keep his family name reputed in the future  as it was earlier. But he only did one thing, to look after the family reputation & not what his son wanted.