Chapter 9. "Boil"

After getting home from Howdy's store, you decided to just put your groceries on the counter table and went to sit down at the couch.

It was nice and comfy of course, so as you sat down you didn't feel like making your breakfast, right now it was 1:20 pm so you still had time until you had to bake and we're heading out to have a picnic with Wally as you promised.

So you used some time to watch your favorite movie, as you we're about to turn on the TV you heard a knock as the door.

You got up and went to the door, then opened it.

???: "Good afternoon neighbor! " they greeted you.

They were pink, and tall, seemed to be some sort of chicken since the colorful feathers they have and it seem like they brought some baked cookies.

Y/n : "Good afternoon to you too, would you like to come inside?"

???: "Its ok, I just wanted to hand you these cookies as a apology for not meeting you yesterday." She then handed you the sweets.

You then kindly accepted the cookies.

Y/n: "Thank you" you said giving her a warm smile.

???: "My name is Poppy Partridge, and you?"

Y/n: "Y/n it is very nice to meet you."

Poppy: "Nice to meet you too!" You was then ready to leave, "again I'm deeply sorry."

Y/n: "It's ok no need to apologize again."

Poppy: "Come visit sometime." She then waved goodbye to you as she was heading off away from your house.

You also waved goodbye and watched her go, then you went back to your house.

Since your neighbor brought you some cookies you didn't have to bake some, which was fine.

You started to boil some water for the tea, since you still had time, meanwhile you could just watch a quick movie.

After the movie finished.

You were very happy on how the movie ended, then you decided to check the clock, you then had your eyes wide and panicked when it said it was 2:40 pm.

Y/n: "AH! I'M LATE! " you then rushed off your couch and you seemed to forgot that the water was boiling, so you quickly tired make the tea but then you spilled some boiling water on the palm of your hand.

Y/n: "OUCH, F**K!" You tried to hold the pain as you finished making the tea.

You put all of it in the basket and ran to the door and got outside then locked it.

Wally told you to meet him at his house, which was not that far this is was just at the center of all the other houses, as you got their you saw Wally just patiently waiting while standing.

You called out to him, then he noticed you.

Y/n: "Huff Huff, s-sorry I'm late I got so cut up on the movie I was watching.." you said as you were running out of breath.

Wally: "It's ok neighbor, you should've taken more time if you really needed it, I don't mind waiting." He said with a warm smile but it seemed like he was a little disappointed.

You seemed like you couldn't handle the pain that you had on your palm but you tried to stay calm as possible.

Wally noticed you hiding your palm and was a little worried.

Wally: "Are you feeling okay, neighbor.?" He said with a worried expression.

Y/n: "Pshh, it's nothing really I'm okay.." you told him trying not to make him worried.

The not so okay expression made Wally know that something was not quite right.

Wally: *Sigh*  "Neighbor give me your hand."

Y/n: "No need, it's nothing I swear." You tried to get your palm away from him but Wally put on a serious expression that you've never seen in a person with such a stare.

Wally: "I'm serious Y/n.." he told you.

Y/n: *Gulp* ...

They Both Won't Stop Fighting For You

They Both Won't Stop Fighting For You... 😃