4. A Vernissage

Y/n's POV

I feel my chest tightening while tracing the gold lettering of the invitation in front of me. A Vernissage. Jackson's Vernissage to be exact. I haven't been to an art event ever since moving to Seoul. But I feel like I owe him at least showing up briefly. Especially after he immediately invited me for a coffee after our phone call yesterday. While sitting outside looking over the in the dark night glowing skyline of Seoul I think back to our little coffee 'date'.

Jackson seemed really excited about this new artist he encountered, who he wanted to exhibit as the main artist in his new gallery event. After showing me some of the main paintings, I was very intrigued by their use of watercolors. Not wanting to disappoint my one and only friend, I agreed to attend. The only problem was, how to find a fancy dress until the weekend.

'I probably have to go shopping tomorrow seeing how today is already Thursday ... But that is a problem for the future me.'

And with that in mind I fall into my bed, not having the energy to at least do my nigthly skincare.

After getting ready the next morning I make it out of my apartment and into work. 'To be honest I never understood what Fridays are for. Why do we not make Fridays part of the weekend?! I really hate Fridays so let's get this over with...' 

Next to Fridays there is something I dread even more... Shopping. I feel like nowadays there isn't really anything fitting for me and my style and I am not even talking about the hilarious sizing in Korea. Not gonna lie I thought about canceling on Jackson a few time during my shopping spree, but in the end I was super successful and got a cute dress for the gallery event tomorrow.

 Not gonna lie I thought about canceling on Jackson a few time during my shopping spree, but in the end I was super successful and got a cute dress for the gallery event tomorrow

A/N: You can imagine whatever dress you want :) I just thought this was cute. Credits to berta.com - it is their original design, I just got it from pinterest ;)

Someone's POV

We all shuffle into our dorm exhausted from the long practice day at work. I still struggle with the choreography we worked on today; I can't seem to get it in my head. Sometimes I feel like I drag the rest of the group down by taking so long to learn the dance steps. I just have to put more effort into it tomorrow.

Seeing everyone sprawled out in the living room, I announce 'The vernissage is starting at 8 p.m. Let's order takeout, get ready and then we're heading out, okay?' I get nods from my fellow members and I open up the shuttle food delivery app and start ordering our usuals.

A few weeks ago I brought the idea of getting some art work for our dorm walls up. After some discussion we started to look through galleries in town, made some phone calls and visited galleries in Seoul. But until now nothing caught our eye yet. But I think today is the day we will make a find.