Chapter 15

Layla POV 

I stood in front of a large full size mirror, taking in everything. The hair, the makeup, the dress, it was all beautiful. It was hard to believe that it was actually me I was looking at.  

"Hey" I turned around and there stood Maya, I must say she looked gorgeous.  

"Hey, you look goreous" I said.  

"Me? Look at you!" She giggled.  

I smiled and looked back at the mirror.  

"Oh before I forget, here's your mask" Maya handed me, a black lace hand crafted Italian mask. I slipped it on and now I was completely unnoticeable.  

"Hey girls! Are you ready?" Aunt Tulisa asked. We nodded and followed her down the hall to a huge staircase. The stairs lead down to the hall where the guest were, just like in the movies. Aunt Tulisa told us to go down whenever we were ready and then she joined my parents. I stood at the top looking around at the crowd, on the right was an orchestra, playing light music. In the middle, a few people were dancing and on the sides, people were just having conversations. I looked at Maya and nodded, symbolizing I was ready.  

The plan was for me to go first by myself and Maya right after me. I looked at Maya one last time, she gave me a reassuring smile and told me to go. I grabbed my dress and lifted the bottom a bit and started walking down the stairs slowly. There was no big announcement for my arrival but everyone seem to notice me and all eyes were on me as I walked in. I looked to my right and saw my parents and brothers, they all had the biggest grins on their faces. As I reached the bottom of the stairs, many boys stood there there with there hands out, all asking me for a dance. I looked around at all the boys and none of them caught my eye. They all seem like guys that would date you for the fame and money but not because they truly cared about you. I politely refused to dance with them all and walked to the refreshments table to get a drink. I looked around for Maya and I found her in the crowd dancing with a pretty blonde, I couldn't really see his face but you can say from the back,he looked like Niall. 

"Excuse me, may I have a dance with you?" A male asked. I turned to refuse but I was taken away by a gorgeous man in a black tux. I looked up to see his face but unfortunately it was covered with a black masked. I nodded, not trusting my voice. He held his hand out which I took gracefully. He lead me to the middle of the dance floor and put one hand on my hip and the other still in my hand. He took the lead swaying side to side. I was shocked, I mean guys his age usually can't walk properly but this guy can waltz!  

"You seem surprise" he said.  

"Yeah, I haven't met a guy who can waltz" I said. He chuckled and leaned in closer.  

"I must say I haven't met a girl as beautiful as you" he whispered into my ear. I tensed up a bit but recovered, not wanting him to know he had an effect on me.  

"So, how does it feel to be the center of attention?" He said. I looked around to find all the guys I rejected glaring at the mystery man I'm dancing with right now and a few girls glaring at me for having so much attention.  

"To be honest, I hate it" I said.  

"Why?" He said.  

"I'm not use to it, I'm usually the invisible one in the family" I said. He didn't say anything, I was beginning to worry if he was judging me. I looked up at him to figure whether his face would explain how he was feeling. When I looked up, I saw he was already staring at me.  

"What's on your mind?" I asked. 

"Oh it's nothing" he said. With that we danced quietly. After the song was done, mystery man went one way and I went to sit down at an empty table.