Chapter 4

Maya’s POV

*Flashback- 7 years ago*

“Maya” A male whispered. I looked up to see Niall sitting at his window, with a worried expression.

“Hi” was all I could manage, I knew if I said more I would’ve burst into tears.

“Are you okay?” Niall whispered. I shook my head no.

“Roof?” He whispered. I nodded and grabbed a blanket. There was a tree that was placed between Niall and I houses. Niall helped me up on the roof and wrapped the blanket around us.

“So you want to talk about it” he asked. I shook my head no again. He obeyed and we sat there in silence.

“He broke up with me” I whispered.

“Ryan?” I nodded.

“Why?”

“He said that I was a nerd who spends my time in libraries, doing homework. He also said that I have no friends and that if I do, they are only being nice.” I sniffed as tears rolled down my cheek.

“Hey, you’re wasting your tears on someone who is too stupid to realize how beautiful you are” Niall said wiping the tears off my face.

“You think?” I asked looking in his ocean blue eyes.

“I know” He said looking back into my brown eyes, our heads started moving closer when the phone in Niall’s house started to ring. We jerked back and look at each other. If I could use one word to describe this situation, it would be, awkward.

“I think it’s time for me to get back” I said grabbing my blanket. Niall nodded and helped me down and into my room. We said goodnight and went to bed. I don’t know about him but I didn’t get any sleep at all. In the morning, I got ready for school and waited for Niall since we walked together. He didn’t show, I rang his doorbell, his mother answered and said he left early, that weird he would tell me ahead of time if he was leaving early. I walked alone, it was autumn there were leaves everywhere, it was beautiful. Before I knew it, I made it to school, I went to my locker. I was putting my books away when I saw a blonde headed boy standing in beside me.

“Hey Niall” I said.

“Look Maya, I don’t think we should be friends anymore” He said all serious. I burst into laughter.

“Nice one, I almost believed that” I said, closing my locker.

“I’m serious” He said sternly. What the heck is going on? I’m on punk’d?

“Why?”

“We should just stop being friends” I hope he’s joking, without him I have no one.

“Niall, is this about last night? When we almost ki-” He cut me off by punching my locker, which me made me jump.

“You’re a freak, that’s why. I can’t ruin the reputation I took years to build” He yelled, he looked at me for a while and then started walking away.

“So you’re willing to ruin our friendship for your stupid reputation?” I asked quietly. He stopped walking and turned around.

“Excuse me?” He asked.

“I said are you willing to ruin our friendship for your stupid reputation?” I said as tears rolled down my cheeks. I could’ve sworn that Niall was about hurt me but decided against it and his face soften.

“Yes” and with that he left. I slid down my locker with my face buried in my hands as I cried.

*End Flashback*

“Niall” I said, with no expression what’s so ever. I knew I would see him again, since Tulisa told me about One Direction performing at the party. It took me days to sort myself out so I wasn’t a mess when I saw him. It’s been 7 years since I saw him, 7 years when I swore to myself that I would never change who I am because that’s what they wanted.

“You guys know each?” Tulisa asked.

“Yeah were best- I mean we were neighbours” Smooth Niall. I looked to my side to see the rest of One Direction staring at me like they couldn’t believe their eyes. I guess Niall told them about our past. I said hi to them and shook their hands. I started talking to them about performing and all the party stuff. As we were walking to the stage, where they’re performing, I heard Harry whisper to Niall. ‘This is the Maya you ended your friendship with. You’re crazy bro, she fit’, which earned him a punch in the arm, I couldn’t help but smile. We finished of the whole meeting by lunch and I was about to leave until I was pulled into a room.

“What do you want Niall”

“You, our friendship” He said. I laughed to the point I had tears in my eyes.

“Good one” I said wiping my eyes.

“I’m serious, I miss everything, midnight meetings on the roof, the talks and just being around you” He said all sad.

“You wouldn’t be missing all of that if it weren’t for you. I still can’t believe you ended our friendship right after Ryan broke up with me. I thought you were better than that” I looked into his blue eyes; I would be lying if I said I didn’t miss those eyes. I sighed and started walking away.

“I’m sorry” He said. I turned around.

“Sometimes sorry doesn’t fix a broken heart” With that I left him, the same way he left me 7 years ago.

 Vote and comment please, they inspire me to write more :D