Chapter 8

Please read the authors note at the end, i have some important questions that need answers. okay, i'll let you read now.

......................................................................................................................................................................................

Maya’s POV

I was looking at dresses for the Tulisa’s ball. Who am I kidding? I know nothing about fashion. I wear anything that is comfortable.

“Maya” I turned to see who was calling me.

“Layla” I said mimicking her tone. Layla is best friend; she helped me get over the whole Niall thing. If it wasn’t for her high school would‘ve been lonely.

“I believe someone needs help?” She said. She was also the friend who was up to date with fashion. I guess it was because her family was so famous, I mean she has Tulisa, Siva and Kumar. I’m surprised she bothers hanging out with plain old me.

“Yes!” We spent hours going through many racks of dresses. Well actually Layla was, I was just sitting there, playing angry birds.

“I found it” Layla said but she was nowhere to be found.

“Lay, where are you?” I asked.

“Right here” I looked to my right to see her under a pile of dresses, shoes and purses. I laughed the things this girl does. I helped her up.

“Here” She handed me a high-low dress, and gold and glittery on top and cream colour at the bottom. It was beautiful, love at first sight you can say. After trying the dress on and buying it, we went to Starbucks.

“Guess what?” I said.

“You saw a leprechaun and he told you to go to the end of the rainbow, which you did. You found a pot of gold and how you’re rich.” Layla said all in one breathe.

“You’re partially right, I saw Niall”

“Oh right, Aunt Tulisa told me One Direction is performing at the party. How did it go? You know the ‘talk’” She said.

“He wanted to be friends and apologized”

“And…”

“I told him off and left him, like he did to me” Layla was tearing up.

“Lay are you crying?” I asked.

“What? I’m just so proud of you” She said wiping the tears. I laughed; this girl can always manage to put a smile on my face. My phone beeped twice, saying I got two text messages.

Hey Hun, I know you and Layla are having a girl’s day but I got called down to the hospital. I need you to take care of the kids. Please and thank you. By the way, can you pick up some dinner? Love you- Mom

MAYA! I need your help! Come to the Banquet hall, quick! - Your lovely assistant, Rita

I groaned, how am I supposed to take care of my siblings and plan a party at the same time? Just then I got another message.

Stop groaned at your phone, it looks like you’re watching porn- Lays Chips

I looked up to see Layla sipping her drink.

“It’s true” She said. I laughed.

“So what’s up?” She asked.

“My mom got called down to the hospital and she needs me to take care of Spencer and Kayla. And Rita messaged me telling me to come to the banquet hall. How am I supposed to take care of them and do my job all at once?”