Chapter 9

PLEASE LEAVE A VOTE!

🩵🩵🩵🩵

𝕴 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖎𝖑𝖊𝖉 𝖗𝖊𝖑𝖚𝖈𝖙𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖑𝖞 behind Hermione as we made our way to the Gryffindor common room. She promoted elf rights the entire way there, as though I didn't know anything about it. Okay, so I didn't know anything about it. I'd just accepted it was a thing along with literally every other wizard out there.

I guess I could understand her from a point. After all, most wizards accepted that Werewolves were dangerous and didn't deserve to live, and of course, I believed quite the opposite. But it's hard to want to do something for someone who doesn't want it done for them. It's like telling someone you're going to give them a hair cut and they don't want it. House-Elves don't want freedom and honestly, a majority of them love their families and don't want to leave. Hermione was just forcing a rod into the system.

"Hello, I've just finished." Hermione said as she walked over to where the boys were sitting in the corner of the common room.

I sat down on the arm of Harry's chair while Ron threw down his quill and said, "So have I!"

Hermione sat down, laid the things she was carrying in an empty armchair, and pulled Ron's predictions towards her. "Not going to have a very good month, are you?" She said sarcastically and a bit disapprovingly. Crookshanks jumped up on her lap.

"At least I'm forewarned." Ron said with a yawn.

I looked over Harry's shoulder as he wrote on the last day of the month he was going to be decapitated because of a conjunction between Mercury and Saturn.

"You should make that Venus and Saturn." I muttered in his ear. "More likely."

"You seem to be drowning twice." Hermione said, looking over Ron's month.

"Oh am I?" Ron looked down and said, "I'd better change one of them to getting trampled by a rampaging hippogriff."

"Don't you think it's a bit obvious you've made these up?" Hermione asked, picking up the box of badges.

"How dare you! We've been working like house-elves here!" Ron said in mock outrage, trying hard not to let his smile through. "It's just an expression." Ron said as Hermione raised her eyebrows. I sighed.

"What's in the box?" Harry asked, pointing, as he put his own quill down having fixed the Mercury and Venus mistake.

"Funny you should ask." Hermione said, giving a nasty look to Harry.

"Bummer that you asked." I muttered in his ear. "You're going to regret it."

Hermione took off the lid showing the rainbow strewn badges. Each was a different color and the letters S.O.E.A. on them.

"'Soea?" Harry asked, picking up a badge. "What's this about?"

"Not Soea." Hermione said a bit angrily. "It's S-O-E-A. Stands for Stop Outrageous House Elf Abuse. Or the Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare. That's the subline."

Every time that she said that it made me cringe. Where the heck was S.P.E.W.?

"Never heard of it." Ron said with a shrug, rolling up his month chart.

"Well, of course you haven't. I've only just started it." Hermione said.

"Yeah?" Ron asked in a bit of surprise. "How many members have you got?"

"She just finished Ron." I said with a yawn.

"Well- if you two join- four." Hermione said.

I stared at her and said, "When did I ever agree to join?"