Chapter 14

PLEASE LEAVE A VOTE!

🩵🩵🩵🩵

𝕾𝖔, 𝖕𝖊𝖗𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖘 𝕴 overreacted a bit.

For the remainder of Christmas break I stayed in the Hufflepuff Common room. I only left to sneak down to the kitchens late at night to get food or get up early early in the morning for breakfast.

I was hungry most of the time, but I wasn't going to dare to show my face- at least not when Professor Snape might be around. I missed Harry, Ron, and Hermione. I missed the forest and I missed Firenze but there was no way I was leaving the safety of the dorm. Every day I put off was another day to give Professor Snape time to forget what I'd said.

I finished all my homework and when I was done with that, I read and re-read all the books I'd gotten for Christmas and of course, IT.

Susan was the only one who asked me why I wasn't leaving the dorm. I don't think anyone else really noticed. I just said I was feeling tired often and didn't want to move much. I think she was concerned about me not eating though. I wasn't- Trang had sent candy from America for Christmas and I had my hot fudge cakes from Mrs. Weasley. Besides, I didn't notice hunger when I was reading or sleeping.

I had, against my better judgement, drawn some scenes from that night. I had drawn Professor Snape and I dancing- mostly because I wanted to remember it one day. I had also drawn Harry and Parvati, Ron and Padma, Cedric and Cho, and Hermione and Krum.

When I woke up on the first day of second term, I summoned up my courage and, packing my books, made my way down the stairs to the Great Hall. I sat with Hermione, Ron, and Harry, carefully keeping my back to the teachers' tables. Perhaps it was my imagination, but I couldn't help but think there were eyes on me.

I ate two helpings of food. Meanwhile, Hermione, Ron, and Harry filled me in on what had happened- after asking where'd I'd been. They then preceded to tell me about the conversation between Hagrid and Madam Maxime.

"I already knew that." I said shrugging, "Foresaw it." I shoveled eggs in my mouth. Hermione looked a bit worried about my appetite. Harry and Ron got up to go to Care of Magical Creatures and she held my arm so keep me back for a second. I'd been about to tear off to Divination.

"What happened after the Yule Ball?" She asked quietly.

"Nothing." I muttered, looking at the floor.

"Well you must've done something, no one's seen you for two weeks except the Hufflepuff girls. Have you even eaten in two weeks?"

"Of course I have!" I said a bit defensively.

Hermione shrugged, but I knew she wasn't letting it go, she just wanted to get to Care of Magical Creatures class quickly. I'm sure she'd bombard me about it again soon.

I hurried to Divination, glad that no one else was going to look at the situation to closely. But perhaps Hermione was right. Locking myself in a room for two weeks might not have been the best way to handle it.

But then again, I was quite dramatic.

🩵

𝕴 𝖈𝖆𝖒𝖊 𝖉𝖔𝖜𝖓 to lunch feeling apprehensive. To my luck (which meant it was bad), I had potions after lunch and I was feeling very sick.

Harry and Ron looked extremely angry when they sat down and Harry tossed me a paper he was holding. It was the Daily Prophet. "Read that." Harry snapped.

          DUMBLEDORE'S GIANT MISTAKE

     Albus Dumbledore, eccentric Headmaster of HogwartsSchool of Witchcraft and Wizardry, has neverbeen afraid to make controversial staff appointments,writes Rita Skeeter, Special Correspondent. InSeptember of this year, he hired Alastor "Mad-Eye"Moody, the notoriously jinx-happy ex-Auror, toteach Defense Against the Dark Arts, a decisionthat cause many raised eyebrows at the Ministryof Magic, given Moody's well-known habit of attackinganybody who makes a sudden movementin his presence. Mad-Eye Moody, however, looksresponsible and kindly when set beside the part-human Dumbledore employs to teach Care ofMagical Creatures.     Rubeus Hagrid, who admits to being expelledfrom Hogwarts in his third year, has enjoyed theposition of gamekeeper at the school ever since, ajob secure for him by Dumbledore. Last year,however, Hagrid used his mysterious influence overthe headmaster to secure the additional post ofCare of Magical Creatures teacher, over the headsof many better-qualified candidates.     An alarmingly large and ferocious-looking man,Hagrid has been using his newfound authority toterrify students in his care with a succession ofhorrific creatures. While Dumbledore turns a blindeye, Hagrid has maimed several pupils during aseries of lessons that many admit to being "veryfrightening."