Friends Father

It was a long weekend. Memorial day weekend. My parents had planned a private getaway seeing as their 20th anniversary coincided with the holiday. It also coincided with my 18th birthday, which fell the Thursday before the holiday weekend. A quick and quiet celebration for me, and a nice long private vacation for them. I could be bitter about my lack of celebration, but I wasn't. No, I was bitter about the idea that at the age of 18 they still didn't trust me.

Instead of letting me stay in the house for the weekend, they insisted I stay at my friend Jeffrey's all weekend. You throw one party at the age of 16, and the parents end up eternally locking you out of the house when they're not there. It was fine, though. Jeffery and I had grown close over the last year or so, taking many of the same classes in school. We even got into the same technical school, both planning our careers in the gaming industry. This weekend should be nothing less than getting high, playing games, tinkering with our frankenstein PCs, and maybe sneaking some of his parent's liquor.

Having just turned 18, you think I'd be excited about finally being an adult. Truth was I still felt like a kid. The video games and lack of sex with girls didn't help. There was my girlfriend when I was 16, of course. She gave me a few blowjobs, and I got to play with her tits and finger her every know and then, but she wasn't ready to go any further, and I didn't want to push her. We broke up in sophomore year. She started dating some joke, and I started gaining weight. I'm wasn't FAT fat, but could definitely lose about 20 lbs. And I had lost about 12 of those pounds in the last half of senior year. But still, not luck with the ladies.

When I arrived at Jeffery's, his house was in utter chaos. Jeffery's father, Jack, opened the door. He was still yelling back over his shoulder as he did so. His eyes found mine and the awkward look on my face was apparent. He flinched somewhat, but then started casually trying to mask his embarrassment.

"Hey Greg, sorry. We're having some technical difficulties over here." He smiled. Then his eyes dropped, scanning me up and down. His head titled ever so slightly. "You lose weight?"

"Um, yea. Maybe a few pounds." I replied, confusion and discomfort clear in my voice.

"Good for you. Come on in." He walked away leaving me to enter and close the door behind myself. The sound of Jeffery's mother Valerie and sister Allison arguing grew as I walked into the house, through the living room and into the kitchen area.

"That's bullshit!" Allison cried.

"Watch your mouth!" Jack responded sharply.

"Jeff gets to have his friend stay here all weekend and I can't hang out with my friend for one night?!" She complained with an every increasing pitch to her voice.

"They're sleeping here where we can see them, you're talking about going to a party at your friends house, where there will be boys, booze, and god knows what." Valerie responded. "I'm not stupid. I saw your IMs. You're trying to go to a party, not a sleepover." Allison screamed.

"You went through my messages! You're a total nazi! I get no privacy!" She kept going on her temper-tantrum as Jack turned to me. The shock and awe was impossible to hide.

"Jeff's upstairs." He gestured to the staircase with his head. Not wanting to spend another second in this mess of a situation, I hopped up the stairway quickly. As I made to turn on the first landing and make my way up the return flight I was able to catch a smile on Jack's face as he watched me. A sudden odd sensation struck me, a rush of excitement. But as I left his gaze it quickly subsided.