Chp 12

You enter your bedroom, feeling a sense of relief as you walk towards your bathroom, ready to start your daily routine. You reach for the door handle, twist it open, and step inside. But as you take a few steps forward not into a bathroom  Instead, it's a secret detective room, hidden behind the facade of a typical bathroom.

The room is dimly lit, with a small desk in the corner, a wall of shelves filled with books and some handy tools, and a large map of the city on the wall. The air is filled with the scent of old books and leather, and the room feels like a secret haven, a place where you can be yourself and work on your detective cases without interruption.

As you look around the room, you notice the details that make it feel like a real detective's office. The desk is cluttered with papers, notes, and a magnifying glass, and there's a corkboard on the wall with photos pinned to it. The shelves are filled with books on forensics, criminology, and detective work, as well as gadgets like fingerprint kits, cameras, and walkie-talkies.

The map on the wall is the centrepiece of the room, with different coloured pins marking the locations of your case. You walk up to it and examine it closely, tracing the lines of your investigations with your finger. You feel a sudden anger overcome your body as you remember who is it you are fighting for.

You open up your laptop again trying to solve what was written on that paper. You looked at the words. They made no sense or whatever. Completely different jotting down each word you began to scramble it. After a few minutes of just lazing your brain around you focused on a word in the farthest corner of the paper. You took out your pen and arranged it

'Lily Satoshi' On further scrambling of words you found out every name you found other than Lily's name had been a victim in the case. Soon you found other alive people. Kazuo, Akira, Subaru, Takumi, Hikaru, Yukio and a few more. You squeezed your eyes to see the last name it was written in almost a frenzied manner. After a few minutes of trying to figure out you got some letters. Trying to think if you do remember anyone who has similar letters and it clicked.

Aya ito.  This made you think the list you are currently holding is and death pool. Someone is possibly killing every last one of the said people. For reasons unknown. The only similarity these people had was they were all very rich some more than others.

All of them attended your current high school some as students some as teacher aides and some as teachers themselves. All except one. The very first victim had no whatsoever relationship with this school.

You would know. After all, he was your younger brother. Your twin. Who has been missing for 2 years now

One other similarity all of them shared was they all went to an institute. Some under the guise of summer camp, skill courses, and scholarship programs and your brother went there on a case.

The signature move of this serial kidnapper /killer was a flower the scientific given name was Convallaria majalis. Despite its sweet scent and petite look that flower was poisonous and one of the most effective poisons.

The oddest thing was all of them returned home on the very same day. The reasons were not stated in the report and it was classified. The only people who could enter the classified zone were the main adults from your family and current generations' top three in line.

You couldn't and neither would your older brother help you get in. Forget about your cousins. He being second in line was a highly responsible individual. You several times tried to guilt trip him. Telling him it would help his little brother. But his only response was 'There is nothing in there that would help him'

This family made them all like this. Curt and hardened. But fret not you were soon going to be free. You also had plans to break in there and steal the necessary documents.