Chapter 19

"So, tell me what you're thinking?" Taty gushed over the phone.

Braelyn rolled her eyes. They had been on the phone for about two hours now, and she had just gotten done telling her best friend all the excitement that had happened last night.

"I mean, I'm went Duke now. He makes me happy."

"But aren't you even a little bit smug that Jake came back and literally fought his best friend for you?"

Yes, she did feel some type of way about that. But she would never say so out loud. She had who she wanted, and to have any feelings toward the entire situation about Jake would just make things more complicated.

"No, I don't think about it that way," was all she said.

They continued to talk about the relationship, Braelyn barely heard the conversation as she let her mind wander.

She let it wander to Jake. She wandered how he was doing. If he was ok. If he was back with Heather. If he had talked to Duke. She didn't want their friendship to end because of her.
_________________________________________

Jake had never felt so shitty. He rolled up the last of his weed and lit the joint.

Duke and Braelyn had had sex. They were together. He had broken up with Heather, not sure what he had expected to happen, but he had had a small glimmer of hope that Braelyn would be there for him.

She fucked Duke...

She had lost her virginity to Duke. Jake wondered where Duke was. He hadn't spoke to his best friend since the fight, and he wasn't sure what to say when he did finally talked to him. He couldn't throw their friendship away. But could he deal with seeing Braelyn with Duke. Watching him kiss her, hold her the way Jake had fantasized about.

You should've dumped Heather sooner....

Jake wondered whether or not he should've dumped Heather at all. They had been together for years, it couldn't all the just one big game, could it?
_________________________________________
Hey y'all!! So sorry for the teaser! Honestly, I've been a bit stuck, however, I'm going to give you guys a longer chapter soon! So. where do y'all think the story is going to go? Will Braelyn stay with Duke? Will Jake get back with Heather? Or will Jake and Braelyn fall back into their mess? Leave your comments, concerns, and criticisms! Until next time!! XOXOXOXO!