Chapter 10

The song had stopped. Duke reluctantly let go of Braelyn. She pulled back slowly as well. There was a smile on her face.

"Thanks for the dance." She said. Oh, that smile. She was so beautiful.

She was about to leave him when he grabbed her hand instinctively.

"Where are you going?" Duke smiled.

"The song's over." Braelyn laughed.

Duke looked around for a second, then looked back to her. "Come with me."

He guided her to a small sofa in a corner. A couple was sitting on it, and looked as though they were in a serious conversation. Once they saw Duke, however, they instinctively got up.

Duke sat her on the couch. "You, stay here. I'm going to my room for something, and I'll be right back. Don't you move."

Braelyn felt herself nod as Duke let her hand go, and went through the crowd.

___________________________________________________

Duke maneuvered through the compact herd of people, trying to avoid as many bump-and-grind situations as possible.

Usually, he'd be at the center of a grinding session, especially on a night like tonight, when so many hot girls had come out to play. Yea. Tonight, the bitches were in heat, and hunting for legs to hump.

But, surprisingly, Duke wasn't interested. Not since he'd danced with Braelyn...

Just being with her. Holding her in his arms. It had been enough for him. Enough to let him know that that was what he wanted. She was what he wanted.

The brief thought of Jake crossed through his mind, but he dismissed it.

Originally, Duke had thought that Braelyn could be the one. The one to show Jake that there was so much more out there than Heather.

In truth, Jake was too good for Heather. That bitch was just trailer-park trash with mansion dreams. Duke wasn't even sure Heather really loved Jake or not. She sure had a fucked up way of showing it.

'Like you even know what love looks like.'

True, he probably couldn't tell love from a glory hole in a public rest stop. To him, sex was something you did when you needed to bust one, and you didn't have to tell a bitch "I love you" to get it.

The way Heather had made Jake her bitch-boy made 'love' look like slave labor, and Duke didn't want any part of that shit.

But, even with all of that, and the shit storm that was his parents' marriage, Duke knew that Braelyn wasn't just some pump-and-dump. He hadn't really thought about fucking her all night. Well, that was a lie. In that dress, how could anyone not think about tapping that ass? The point was that he hadn't tried to put the moves on her since they'd been dancing. And man, that had been hard.

He had had to make a conscious effort to not squeeze her ridiculously plump ass all night, and don't even get him started on her lips. Full, and plump, painted red with lipstick. It contrasted her dark brown skin almost begging someone to sample the goods.

'You really want to get a woody in from of all these people??'

It would be a drunken woody, but a woody nonetheless.

Duke tried to get his mind off Braelyn's body and on to the task of making it up the stairs without throwing up and/or falling to his death.

Duke was a heavy drinker, and could hold his liquor, but that night, he'd been so nervous, he'd been pounding them back like nobody's business.